The Prettiest Boy In The World

Start from the beginning

"What's that?"

"I know you're lying right now– Oh my god, why did you wake me up...?"

You pulled the long coat up further so it stayed over your head. You heard it– The howling winds, biting at your ankles, which you quickly tucked under the coat to trap the heat in. It also felt like you had another blanket piled over you. You'd thank her for that, at least. That didn't change the fact that you were hundreds of feet in the air, on some flimsy wires.

Kureha laughed to herself. "Are you feeling better, kid? I didn't have much on hand, but I used what I could to at least take most of the pain away."

You rubbed your head. The fever you had– That was bringing you the most discomfort. You were strong enough to yell, that's for sure, but you felt too sluggish to sit up or anything. At least you had your voice.

The day before, you had lost it for a little while. Safe to say that it was a little horrifying to realise your voice was gone when you experienced it. Because when you tried screaming, nothing came out but a little whisper of an "aaaah".

"I'm feeling better. Thank you."

"You're nowhere near healed, so stay down. You might fall off if you sit up."

"Sit up...? Oh, we better not be on that freaky gondola. I'm scared of heights."

"We're on top of it!" She let out a ruthless cackle at your misery. "Kid– There's something I've been meaning to ask you, but you passed out before I had a chance to talk."

"Go ahead."

"You've never met us before. How did you know that my reindeer helper, Chopper, can speak?"

A sigh filtered through your nose. "I'm going to try one thing. It's introduction. My name is Crooner (Name)."

"Crooner? Ah, so you're the rich brat's kid! I'd say he owes me, but he pays back every debt he's ever acquired, it seems."

Thank god. I thought she might take my arms as his payment. Your brows creased as you felt some sweltering pain come back to your... well, back. Guess what? It hurt. Like a bitch.

"What... What did he do to need something from you? When did he even come here?"

"A couple years back when he visited East Blue. He's one of the only men who can just hop right over it without any problem, given his Devil Fruit and all. He needed my medicine, and my secret of my youth! Want to know, kid?!"

You pursed your lips, heat coming back to your cheeks. "Yeah, sur–"

You passed out again

Kureha clicked her tongue as she watched your body go limp. Your breathing became heavy and laboured yet again. She could only imagine that your temperature was starting to go up once.

"Her body ran through all my medicine that quickly...? It's been less than an hour... The same happened to that bratty father of hers. We're going to have a tough patient, aren't we, Chopper?"

~ . . . ~

The next time you awoke, you were no longer in the sled

Thank god. When you finally peeled your eyes open, they met the ceiling. Your fever was gone and there was a nice, cold, cool, ice pack on your head. You strained your ears to try and hear anything– now that most of your pain was gone.

The gentle clopping of hooves– and shuffling behind you

Nami

Nami was also awake