Cooking Up Testosterone

Start from the beginning

The preparations only lasted a few minutes. You found yourself losing focus as you observed what everyone else was doing. Crocus was watching Luffy happily chat to Laboon. Usopp was screaming at Zoro to help him rebuild the mast. (Yikes– You'd have to help them with that later). Ever since Sanji disappeared, you just assumed that he had left to go cook. Not like you'd be getting any of it anyways, since Luffy was going to eat it all.

Nami's piercing scream tore you out of your thoughts– and you flinched before turning to her.

"Uh, Nami!"

The orange haired girl was sweating as she stared at the compass. Ah, right, the thing that'd keep you and your friends alive. It was broken. Or so she thought.

"Huh? Why're you so noisy, Nami?"

Luffy turned to the girl as paint dripped off of his clothes. The only thing that wasn't covered in paint was his straw hat. (you swore-- if he even tried to jump on you, you'd be doing something that you wouldn't regret. Someone needed to keep that boy in check and you didn't care if it had to be you.)

Sanji suddenly came out of nowhere, holding a plate on his head, raised leg, and two more in his hands. How he could do that was beyond your understanding. What you did know was they he apparently never skipped leg day.

"What's wrong, my dear Nami?! If it's about lunch– Then it's ready!!"

Usopp crawled towards the table like a slug. "Ughhh... I'm gonna take a break for lunch."

Zoro was still asleep on the deck of the ship

Serves the bastard right– He can starve for a day

Stupid moss head and his beauty rest, You grumbled to yourself. You get to sleep all of the time, undisturbed.

"Wrong. You're the only disturbance."

Yes. Because of that, you'd be the one to punch him until he woke up. But that would be after dealing with the intense weather of Grand Line, once you set out. Right now, you were still planning, and Nami was still freaking out.

Nami frantically waved her compass in front of her captain. "The compass!! It's broken– It's spinning all over the place– What do we do?!"

Crocus leaned over her shoulder to get a better look at it. After a moment, he hummed. "Seems that you've come here without any knowledge of the Grand Line. I'm impressed- Did you come here planning to die?"

Your shoulders started shaking in silent laughter as you covered your mouth.

"Ah, time for food?" Luffy excitedly reached forward. Sanji's teeth grit together.

"In your case, it's feeding time."

Nami didn't know if she should be confused or offended

"What?"

"Common sense means nothing here," Crocus began. "But that compass isn't broken."

"Then... Is it the magnetic field?"

He nodded. "That's right. There exists a geomagnetic anomaly across Grand Line."

"Holy fuck that's a big word," you commented as you shoved Luffy's head out of the way so you could grab some food.

Crocus continued, despite your oh-so-important commentary. "Due to all of the islands being rich in all types of minerals, the magnetic fields are completely different. Not only that, but the winds can be unpredictable. As a navigator, you need to understand how terrifying that can be. If you venture out without knowing anything, you're going to die."