Cursing God And Baking Cookies

Start from the beginning

"Why are you making everyone cookies?" He asked, reaching out from your arm and absorbing his share.

Because I can. You're just jealous because you're gonna have to share.

"Sharing is for losers."

And yet you shared when I made pie and muffins yesterday. What're we doing right now? You gestured to the spoons you had set out.

"...I hate you."

What was that, loser?

Kosai detached from your body and was now sulking in the corner. Your brows crinkled in amusement. "Wow, someone's being dramatic today."

"Fuck you and your friends."

"You love me."

"I don't."

"You do," You finished, and turned to the door of the kitchen. It had barely been opened– and you could see the faint hearts swirling around his head– he must've just greeted Nami.

"Ah, Sanji..." Kosai's many eyes narrowed.

"Morning, Sanji." You nodded your head to the boy as Kosai went from sulking in the corner to plotting Sanji's death. And you might've been seeing things– or hearing them– because you're sure Annan was unsheathed from his scabbard and now, they were both muttering.

The blonde's face brightened. "(Name)-swan!!"

His voice was always bright, even in the morning. You were surprised since he smoked so much. Then again, he usually yelled at the other boys with just as much energy. Albeit the negative kind.

You cracked a smile and repeated, "Sanji!"

"Aaaah! It smells nice here, are you baking again?"

"Yeah. Cookies. What's on the menu for breakfast?"

You resolved to lean against the table after you had asked your question. Sanji told you, the hearts in his eyes reappearing, and you continued to humor him. Flirting with Sanji was something that Kosai hated, and detested it vehemently, but you clearly didn't care.

You felt lucky that you were able to bond with Sanji (as much as Buggy'd let you) before you met the others. Aside from Zoro, whom you loved to annoy. With Sanji... It just felt a bit more natural. You weren't close friends with the chef by any means, but you were still friends. More than acquaintances, and more than 'new' friends.

When you were an 'apprentice' on Buggy's ship, you convinced him to go to the Baratie often. The food wasn't too pricey, and it was good. This was, of course, for your own benefit, as you got the chance to talk to Sanji and watch him and Zeff go head-to-head every time you were able to visit.

(Not only that, but you taught Buggy some manners, which he probably forgot the moment you left his sights)

That, in turn, also built up a relationship, and it was easier to relate to Sanji now. Because you were crewmates.

Sanji was pulling out a few pans from the cabinets above the stove as you asked him some run-of-the-mill questions. (You also noticed that he pulled out the chef's apron that you made for him– one with a few revolving hearts right over where his was– and you felt a small sense of pride well up inside of you)

"How'd you sleep? Well?"

"Yes!" He seemed cheery enough. "And you?"

"Pretty good, I'd say," you scratched your chin as your eyes wandered around the room. "Had a dream that lasted a week. You ever have one of those?"