Sai And Smoker Fight For Custody Over You

Start from the beginning

Was it unwise to go out right after you almost got snatched? Maybe. You had Kosai and Annan, though, so you weren't scared. In fact, with the high blood pressure you gave those two (though they didn't have blood in the first place) you'd be scared for the other person.

"Goddamn, the food's not going anywhere. Calm down."

You said this, aware that you yourself had just finished your fifth plate

"When can we fight?" He asked, handing motioning for fifths from the chef. You did the same before you answered him.

"Not yet- probably later or tomorrow if you're staying that long. You might want to be gone by tomorrow or the day after."

"Why though."

You sipped your ice water, your lower arms stretching. Really, it should've been clear to him by now. "There's a Marine Captain from Loguetown heading over. I don't know when he'll be here- but you might want to run."

"I thought you said I'm under your kingdom's protection?"

You tensed slightly and looked down at the table. He's right. Technically, he'd be under this kingdom's jurisdiction in the first place.

Finally, you looked back up to face him. "I'll just say it- I don't want Smoker to find out what I've been doing."

"You know him?"

"Yeah?? I mean- I was trained under him for the past month and I only got back a few weeks ago. He thinks I'm trying to be a Marine when I'm gonna be a pirate."

Zoro's brow barely raised at that. You were telling him, a guy with Pirate Hunter in his name, that you were going to be a pirate.

He could see it

The audacity was funny anyways

Zoro thought (you didn't think he could think in the first place) your offer over. He wasn't really in a rush to get off the island, though it was clear to him that the moment you saw him, it looked like you wanted to be anywhere but Crow Island. He gave you his input when his fifth plate was set back down in front of him.

"Can't you just hide me or something? I can wait somewhere until this all blows over."

You resisted the urge to roll your eyes. "Wow, you really don't know Smoker. No matter what- word's going to get out that you were here. Only the guards know that they're not supposed to imprison you, but Smoker's probably going to catch on and stay for a while."

"Hm... Then later today would be best, I suppose."

"I figured as much. I'll sharpen my swords before the day's over. Want anything else in the meantime? Supplies?" Wait, where's this idiot's boat? I know damn well he didn't swim here. If he said that he could find it? Good god, he'd never be leaving the island then.

His silence made you sigh. What, was thinking itself a workout for him? You thought it'd be more exciting to talk to Zoro. But here you were, feeling like you were going to fall asleep.

"Some alcohol would be nice," Zoro said, smiling slightly. Why was it that the only time he smiled was when he was about to stab someone or ask about alcohol?

"Aren't you underage?"

"No, I'm eighteen."

You deadpanned, "You're not getting anything with that prepubescent face of yours."