Fun Times With Four Eyes

Start from the beginning

The sword looked a bit worn, but not in the way that weapons usually look when they eventually age. The scabbard was lacquered wood, mainly black and maroon. Like an old cabinet you'd see at an antique store. This one must've been well loved.

Ah, what the hell?

Aged weapons looked cool

You pointed right at it. "That one."

Upon looking at it, he turned back to you. "That one's worth at least the same price as four swords all together. But... I'll let you look at it if you want." After you told him that you'd like to see it, he walked over to the glass case with you.

The shopkeeper (whose name you couldn't remember) took out the sword and held it in front of you, holding it with both hands. Tashigi was busy analyzing the other weapons and had disappeared into a few other shelves.

You looked at the sword but didn't touch it. "How much?"

"Two million beri. I won't bargain for anything less!"

He really is a swindler.

Your soul almost escaped your body at the price. You could feel Kosai's interest only increase from the mention at how expensive it was. And for some ungodly reason, he let you hold the sword. It was in your hands before you could even protest.

"I like this one. Keep it."

You tested the weight. It was... weighted? How much was a sword supposed to weigh?? You pursed your lips in thought. I don't know how much I'm allowed to spend. I brought around 500,000 beri that dad gave me. But I'd feel bad if I gave him more than that.

"(Name), tell him to put a hold on it while you look." Kosai persisted. "Trust me on this."

Fine

"Could you put this on hold for me? And do you have a den-den mushi that I can use?" You asked, handing the sword back without even looking at the blade. The shopkeeper might've been insulted by this, but he kept his mouth shut because you were probably going to buy it.

You already knew that you were going home with it. Kosai was the one who gave you that feeling that you were 100% going to use it. While you mourned the eventual loss of two million beri, he pulled out a den-den mushi from under the shop counter.

"Hey, Tashigi, I found a sword!" You called out loudly. "--Just look for three!" Too late. She was lost in the void of swords.

Dialing (which you didn't think was possible on this fucking snail) you waited for the other end to connect. Which was weird, because you were now staring awkwardly at a living creature. Why were they used for contact in the first place?

Did they have to be fed? You knew that they could be freed... but like... did they eat after that? Or were they just things that didn't need food or water to survive? Could you butt dial someone if you sat on it? Or would that kill it?

"Hello? This is--"

"Hey, dad..." You cut him off, wanting to just get it over with. "How much am I allowed to spend?"

Sai seemed to be relieved for some reason that it was you who called. If you had your actual phone with you, you would have just texted. He was silent for a moment, but finally answered as you were drumming your fingers on the table.

"Please refrain from spending over a hundred million beri. I'll give you access to more beri and I'll contact the bank on Loguetown right away."