Secondhand Smoking (The Fun Way)

Start from the beginning

"(Name). You can use the four-sword style."

You withered like a dying flower. The few Marines that were on deck had seen this and looked at you oddly. Your slumped position made it appear like you were wishing for death. Which you honestly were hoping for at this point.

"Or a five-sword style!"

ABSOLUTELY NOT

Did he really think you had the jaw strength for that?

Holding the handle of a sword in your mouth and somehow managing to harm your enemies? How did Zoro even manage that shit in the first place?

Why did you have to use swords?!

"It'd be one of the best options. You can't use a gun; staffs are too long for you to handle -sniping will never be your forte- and though you're good at hand-to-hand combat, your strategies are very damaging to yourself.

He was talking about when you refused to move out of the ways for certain attacks. Mainly punches to anything below your neck, you wouldn't try to dodge. You hadn't had any experience with swords yet, but Kosai would prefer that you stopped this habit before it went too far. You were still annoyed that he wanted you to use swords as your weapons.

I will not be the (Y/N) of ten years ago. I'm (Name), and I will be using literally anything other than swords.

"Think about it. You have four arms, and a sword is like an extension of those."

I don't know how to use a sword either! I don't want to use them! You were whining like a child. You were now gripping the metal bars and contemplating if you should throw yourself off the ship.

"(Name)! You're supposed to use swords-- It was in the notes!"

I don't HAVE to.

"YOU ARE SO ANNOYING." Kosai took control of your lower hands and pinched your stomach. Hard. You bit you lip, and your eyebrows twitched in silent anger.

Kosai, it said TWO sword style. It wasn't changed by them, meaning that it probably isn't that important!

"That's where I think you're wrong! Just because it wasn't changed doesn't mean that it's not important-- Yes, you have more leniency with what you can do with the information. While you could still use two swords, maybe some other weapons as well, we have to choose if we want to follow the script or not."

Then why wasn't it changed?

"I don't know! You're acting so childish just because you don't want to use swords -because of Zoro- when in reality- these are the perfect weapons for you!"

A lightbulb went off in your head. Whips! Kosai, Crooner uses whips as his signature weapon! Why don't I use those?

You instantly had a change of heart

How about we compromise? I'll use two swords and a pair of whips--

"How do you think rope will pair with a blade, (Name)?"

...Bad....

But then you could just use four whips--

"Trust me! And the King himself said that you could buy whatever you wanted. We're not on a budget here." Right. You forgot about that for a second. You weren't flat broke anymore and drowning in debt. God, if the previous you ever found out about this, she'd be screaming her head off.