Prologue

Hobie

Alright my name's Hobie, Hobie Brown. I was bitten by a- wouldn't you like to know, get what I mean? And for the last seven years I've been the one and only- wait, wait, wait wait wait wait wait. You already know my secret identity, didn't ya? Come out of it. That is when I'm not playing shows, antagonising facists, staging unpermitted political action, performing art pieces. OR, having a laugh at the pub with the mandem. I'm not a role model,

I was briefly a runway model, I hate labels, I'm not a hero, because calling yourself a hero makes you a self-mythologizing narcissistic autocrat.

And didn't I mention? I am also a part of this oppressive spider society. Why did I stay here? Well, my drummer is here and also my friends, it's been lonely in own universe yeh?

But I've always got this feelin that something or someone has been taken away from me, but I don't who that is or what that is.

All I know is now, currently... Miguel wants us in his majestic office.

We entered of course, the longg hallway of pile of rubbles. Me being me, just picked some random shits in the wall. I keep on tryin to build a watch but Queenie keeps interrupting me and she's like basically the bane of my existence. She even accidentally destroyed the almost finished one. She's like sabotaging me.

What could be the reason? I mean I would be afraid too if I face myself. But why?

Of course Miguel is in his throne slowly coming back down, drum roll please.

"There's an anomaly." Obviously there is, what did we came here for?

Queenie steps in and just volunteered. "Let us go but I won't let you assign me with those two again." She pointed at Macario and Peter M Parker.

"What? What's your problem?" Macario asked and she rolled her eyes. "C'mon, Mig. Don't...partner me with them. Atleast not alone."

"Of course I won't let you three alone in your universe, dealing with a multiversal threat." Then he shows a hologram of a kid. "His name is Alexis River and he's been traveling through different universe lately. You need to stop him and he's from your universe."

Queenie's eyes widened as if she's horrified. Why is she horrified by a kid? It seems off.

"Alexis River?" She gulped and just looked around. Ah yeah, we were all watching her since it's her mission afterall.

"Yeah, I'll assign you. Macario of course... Peter M, Peter B, Gwen, Pav and Hobie." I looked at Miguel as I head my name. I've been here it's tiring and... What...

"Why me?" I asked to him and Miguel just glared at me. "Don't ask just do it."

I hate em. If I get a chance to beat him, I'll do it. I sighed and just picked a few more pieces of the wall. Yes, Picasso.

I then noticed the bracelet on my wrist. It looks like feminine and I am not quite fond of it but it felt so odd when I don't have it on. So I always wear it and I daydream a bit whilst Miguel explains the mission.

It looks kinda off to me, alright? I'm changing colors and looks like a cut out magazine

It looks kinda off to me, alright? I'm changing colors and looks like a cut out magazine. I know I am self aware. And this is just like a sunflower in a field with a bunch of roses.

"Hobie, stop looking at your bracelet and listen to me." Miguel again, I'm just admiring my bracelet.

"Can we just let the kid go?" Queenie asked to him and he glared at her. "I mean he has nothing to do with us, ri-"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN NOTHING TO DO WITH US???" Miguel screamed at her and she suddenly turned to me.

"Hobie, do something." She whispered and I was like what??? Lady??? Woah am I suppose to do? I've been here 4 years and I'm so done.

I don't know why I'm still here and for some reason, I just can't leave. Well in fact thinking about Queenie, she took a bullet from me...once.. twice.

Welp she's just so overprotective of us, she's like the shield. Her loyalty makes her look like a dog, a female doberman.

"Come on, Hobie." I know she won't stop. "Shut it." I coldly replied and she sighed.

"Miguel he's just a kid... Just like your daughter.." Boom, Queenie hit the bomb once again. "OUT NOW!" Now Miguel sends us immediately to the mission without even knowing the full information.

Thanks, Queenie. You're the best. Of course, I didn't say that although it's sarcasm. I gotta remain cool and intact since everyone's been losing their braincells.

"I really have a bad feeling about this..." Queenie mumbled but Pav put his arms around her. "Don't worry, we can have chai later, right Hobie?"

"Mhm" we've been drinking chai everyday, I don't think it's healthy anymore.

"Well I really like matcha, can we have matcha today?" Queenie asked and Pav smiled brightly. "Absolutely not, what do you even like about macha? It's taste like grass."

"Here we go." I mumbled as Queenie gets really triggered by it. Of course she chase Pav around the headquarters. I'm getting really tired and old for this.

"Guys.." Gwen rolled her eyes and glanced at me.. "Hobie, do something." Why is everyone expecting me to do something????

"Not my problem." I replied then I looked at Peter B who's holding her golden child, Mayday. "OOOOOOOOOOOOOH." He's acting again, he's really a bad actor.

"Sorry, I can't really go to this mission... Mayday just poop." I wanna quit... I am... 4 YEARS OF THIS.

Macario just rolled his eyes, I bet he's done too. "Gwen, not to.. bring more problems but Peter M has been really quiet."

"WHAT!?! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU??" Peter M shouted and I need help.

Literally please someone with braincells come and save me from this children. I really need saving, I am a lady in distress please...

"For the love of God!! Everyone shut up!" I shouted and I am planning really good day today. "Get into position." They immediately followed me.. okay that's why Gwen has been expecting.

AM I THE only one who has proper functioning braincells??? I am trying to calm down inside but outside, I'm pretty chill. We finally arrived at the destination and it's not looking good.

Macario and Peter M. Be like: (yes they are ocs)

I wrote this while chatting A LITTLE TEA with my sister from anotha motha so I'm hype