ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

Start from the beginning

"Well, that's just great," Lenora mutters and then rolls her gorgeous blue eyes, sighing softly.

"Regardless, there's still a way to destroy it," the Daughter of Belialuin suddenly states as she looks over her shoulder, her gaze focused on us. "It's true, right? Elizabeth?"

"Yeah," Elizabeth responds. "Alright. Lenora, (Y/n), I need the two of you to take a step back."

"What are you planning to do?" Lenora questions as we both step away from our older sister.

We widen our eyes in astonishment while the appearance of the Captain of the Seven Deadly Sins changes into a form we have never seen before. She's now wearing a white long-sleeved dress that fits her body perfectly with four wing-shaped forms on her back. Not only that, but Elizabeth also has two massive golden claws that tower over her head, claws that are very similar to the ones the Demon Queen had when she possessed my older sister's body earlier.

"Elizabeth," I breathe in wonder. "Is this really the manifestation of your magical powers?"

"I'll throw everything I've got at them," she says firmly as she picks up the Ten Commandments with her newly-formed claws, "and wipe out the Demon Queen for good!"

The ground trembles beneath all of our feet and I flinch when lightning flashes in the dark skies above. This is clearly the side-effect of having two masses of great power in the same realm.

"Elizabeth," I speak before I can stop myself, grabbing one of her gloved hands. "With this level of power, you could easily take our mother's place. Isn't that something worth considering?"

"Yeah, I could," she answers quietly and then turns to me with a pained smile. "But you know very well that isn't what I want, little sister. I never wanted to become the next Demon Queen. However, I'm looking at someone who does. And she's the right person for this crucial role."

You have the strength and potential to become the next Demon Queen.

My seven hearts skip a beat at this unexpected statement and I then let go of her hand. "What?"

"Lenora and I never wanted the crown," my eldest sister whispers. "We never had the desire to rule the Demon realm. But you did. Because you are exactly what our people need, (Y/n)."

"Power is not needed for one to be a fair ruler," Lenora says from beside me, her cobalt blue eyes gleaming. "But a good heart is. And lucky for us, you have seven good hearts, little sister."

I giggle softly when she playfully tickles my side and then look over at Elizabeth, my lips pursed.

"We have always known it, little sister," she murmurs as she slowly raises her hand. "You are the one who will be the next Demon Queen. You are the one who will bring peace to all of us, (Y/n)."

I have faith in you. I always will, (Y/n).

And with that said, the Dragon Sin of Wrath patiently waits for my response, her white-gloved hand raised in the direction of the Ten Commandments while her firm gaze remains on me.

The three of us knew that as long as our awful mother lived, Elizabeth would be the next Demon Queen, whether she liked it or not. But my sisters and I never spoke of a time when our mother would no longer be the ruler of the Demon race and we could choose for ourselves what we truly wanted or needed. Because that foolish idea was a fantasy that we could only dream about.

But now the Demon Queen is dead, and the three of us are finally free. We can finally choose.

My eldest sister has chosen to love and protect the eldest son of the Supreme Deity and to live a normal life now with her fellow comrades. My second eldest sister has chosen to love Mael of the Four Archangels and to stay by his side. They have already decided what they want and need.