S1-END--C16: Publicity

Nedzu's POV

"Sir Please! Over here! One question sir!"

"Sir please answer our questions!"

"OVER HERE!! WHAT DOES YOUR INSTITUTE HAVE TO SAY????"

"WE WANT ANSWERS!!!"

Voices of the howling beings in front of me halted as I entered the room. Ascending the podium, I surveyed the scene before me. The humans' weapons of mass communication-microphones and cameras-were poised, aimed directly at my diminutive face. It was a precarious situation, one that demanded a careful and meticulous approach. The stakes were high, for the eyes of the public were fixated on this very moment. The parents, overwhelmed with concern, sought answers.

A small cup of brew, placed thoughtfully by my side, beckoned me for a sip.

Oddly bitter

I tapped on the mic a few times and modulated my tone to be mellow and easy to hear.

"Before any questions are put forward, I wish to inform you that everyone's safe and please continue your normal lives. Note that the heroes in UA High have put their lives at risk and that's exactly what happened. The perpetrators had targeted the Unforeseen Simulation Joint after a security breach that had occurred earlier in the day. The perpetrators tried to harm our students in the proximity and we took sixty of them in custody. I hope the information is relayed to the family of the students present in the situation. I repeat all students are safe."

Their worries and concerns weigh heavily upon their hearts, and it is my duty to alleviate their fears. Even if I have to repeat my assurances over a hundred times, I shall do so with unwavering determination. For their peace of mind, I will spare no effort.

Ah, but the toll it may take on my humble throat, I ponder. Fear not, for I have a remedy that can remedy any dryness or strain. A brew of tea, infused with the sweet scent of honey, shall be my salvation. Its warmth will caress my vocal cords, soothing any discomfort and rejuvenating my voice. With each sip, I shall be fortified, ready to deliver my words of reassurance with clarity and conviction.

A cacophony of noises demanding for answers started erupting as I wiped my whiskers. A gentleman in a red suit with a manufactured smile asked, "Sir, to reiterate your statement, you are trying to inform that UA High, Japan's most prestigious and well-reputed institute with state-of-the-art security had villains breach them and attack the students, on the premises. My question is, Have the villains grown stronger or is the so-called 'Hero' institute, proven itself unworthy of its title?"

As a creature who had observed the intricate workings of human society from the shadows, I understood their tendencies, their weaknesses, and their overwhelming desire for sensationalism. The media, in particular, possessed a voracious appetite for stories that would captivate their audience, regardless of the impact it had on truth and justice.