C-1:Pondering Enigma

I  know this is sudden but please, do pay attention. I want your honest opinion

To kill or not to kill a quirkless?

A proper system of justice will always strive towards the fairest solution. At least in appearance, society is often having the motto of protecting the weak. There are those who will want to be protected without any quirks of their own. As a result, heroics had been officiated by the government to protect both the quirkless and the ones with weaker quirks. Soon, a large-scale mutation made the so-called quirk allele to be a dominant one. It got passed down quite often even in heterozygous conditions and after a while, the recessive allele got masked completely.

Though something to note was that, the quirks passed down, weren't a one-to-one copy of the parents, but rather a mixture which can be caused by incomplete dominance. The theory behind it is pointless to discuss, however it does bring forth a chain of events in the world, the quirk boom. Millions upon millions soon started getting their own quirks, all unique, even in homozygous twins. There was a clear power shift, the strong became stronger while the quirkless became weaker, more in need for protection.

Hero agencies increased, not just for the protection of the quirkless but even for the protection of quirked people, from their own quirks. Villians started to emerge, as with great power came great responsibility which many couldn't have shouldered and were led astray to the path of cheap thrills and criminal behaviour.

What happened from a societal standpoint, was silent discrimination against the powerless. The biases of weakness spread deep into the roots of every household. Quirkless foeticide became rampant as often, after Amniocentesis or ultrasonography of the child it was easy to tell whether they will have that extra joint. A fetus got it's inheritance displayed by the second month when the limbs formed. This was done due to the very discrimination and rotten eye against the quirkless as weak and too many, it was better to die than to live in a world that not just shunned the quirkless but abused and had horrific instances of criminal acts committed against them.

But, this didn't resonate with the judicial unit or the higher legislature who ignored the internal feuds and still swore to protect the weak and worthless. In textbooks it's often taught, the quirkless are human too and should be treated without discrimination. But it didn't change anything, the people without quirkless would still be quirkless. No matter how hard you avert your eyes, the meaning of this word won't change. 

So my answer is, "To kill" To be quirkless is to be dead. Quirkless, shouldn't exist.

The word quirkless hasn't changed, it's meaning did. Earlier it was used to describe someone normal and now it's used to describe someone deserving of a fate cruel and unkind. If you are wondering whether I am being hyperbolic, then I can simply look at the scenery as I walk towards my new school. While everything is frolicking with happy kids in the playgrounds around me, the nooks and crannies still have people who are abused for either being weaker or quirkless.

I apologise, I forgot both go hand in hand.