"We- we need to leave here." He stated and grabbed your wrist, only then noticing how much blood you were covered in.

You scowled and quickly pulled your hand back, "Go away." You huffed and turned away to avoid seeing his surprised frown.

He lowered his hand with a sigh, a little angry that you wouldn't listen to him, but he wasn't about to double down and make this worse.

"Your sister, that letter she sent when you passed out back in Fontain." He began and looked up at you again, hoping you'd look at him.

"What about it?" You inquired, looked at your clothes, and sighed. "She said she would meet you here..but i'm not getting a good feeling at all.." he muttered, "it feels.." he began.

"The presence of the abyss? Is that what you feel?" Came an unknown voice, one you were quick to recognize. It even snapped you out of your bloody haze of slaughter.

"..yes," he grumbled and quickly stepped in front of you with his sword at the ready, wearily waych as she stepped out of the jaws of the dead snake. "Move out of the way, i want to see my sister." She scowled at Scara, and he glared back. "No way in hell."

You stared for a moment before snapping out of it and stepping back slightly. Your senses told you something was wrong. You definitely could sense the abyss, as it was your home for a long time.

Bur this..it felt different, it felt far more dangerous..tricky, and sly. "Lilia.." You called out softly and looked over Scara's shouler. 'Lilia' looked you up and down, "you had fun, huh?" She asked and stepped closer, but Scara quickly moved to hold his sword at her stomach since she had gotten so close.

You panicked and stepped in front of him instinctively to protect the familiar face you adored so much. And boy, would you later regret that.

Scara shouted as you stepped in front, pulling you back as fast as he could.

But, it was too late.

You were met with a sudden sharp pain to your stomach, and within that moment, your vision went red, and you lost your mind.

Scara stepped away as you screamed, an odd tail slinking its way out of your backside and one singly yellow glowing horn popping up on the side of your forehead.

Your eyes, they were yellow and empty, and your expression was bland and thoughtless.

The only thought in your mind was to kill, and the first person in sight was the person you tried so hard to protect. "There we go, i want to fight the you that doctor gave you." She mused and lifted her sword.

Scara was dumbfounded. You were bleeding bad, and your state was so crazed and blood thirsty that he..he knew he wouldn't be able to stop it. He was going to lose you.

He was going to lose you in the nation he had lost everything in, even his own freedom and peace of mind. You were going to be the fourth, the first and last he would ever care for the same way.

Yet, it wasn't a betrayal..this was his fault, if he had been honest with you at first, if he had told you about his past and what made him, him. Maybe you wouldn't have gotten so mad you would leave his embrace.

Maybe, if you really knew him. This wouldn't have happened..

When he tuned back in, you and your 'sister' were duking it out. And in such a crazed state, you were a lot weaker and a lot dumber with your fighting strategies.

He couldn't even tell if the blood was yours anymore, but it was time to stop this. The moment Lilia had her back to him, he rushed up and stabbed her in the lower back, skewering her.

She coughed and gasped, coughing more as she fell to the side, dying slowly.

This seemed to bring you out of that odd state, but the moment you left it. You fell to the side, and Scara rushed to catch you.

"Don't even open your mouth." He ordered in a rush and picked you up and tried to rush back to get you medical attention.

"W-wait..- Lilia..-" you coughed and he shook his head, "fuck her." He spat, furious. You could hardly tell because of the blood loss, your ears were ringing, and your eye lids felt heavy.

"Just don't talk, keep your eyes on me.. stay awake." He hummed and nearly stumbled as he ran.

"B-but Scara..i-i feel cold.." You muttered, and he hushed you, "shut up." He ordered again, and you looked at your stomach and felt the pain rush at yours again.

Seeing where your wound was.. you weren't going to make it back. "Scara- st..Scara stop.." You ordered softly and coughed, and he lowered his head..a painfully hopeful look on his face until he registered the wound as well.

He still carried you but slowed down slightly. "i-i'm sorry.." He muttered, his voice shaky and obviously holding bsck tears.

You reached up and held his face, "What do you plan to do with the gnosis..?" You asked and smiled before your hand fell to your chest again.

"I..i want to take you to Sumeru..and hide out with you there.." he muttered, the sound of his hopes and dreams shattered as you closed your eyes.

"Hey.. I love you.." you whispered and smiled.

"I love you too..so much..goodbye." he whispered and sat down, holding you in his lap as he kissed your face and wiped away the subtle tears that trickled down your cheeks, your chest stopped moving, and your head tilted back slightly as it went limp.

It was like the world had gone silent for a while, as if taking a moment of silence to mourn along with the broken puppet holding the corpse of a woman he held so dear.

Then, the skies opened to let their tears fall upon the earth below. Scara didn't care if he was drenched. He just wanted to sit there and hold you... engrave every detail of your face.

He sobbed in silence, the rain overwhelming any noise he made as he cried over you, squeezing you like his life depended on it.

"I-i'll take you to Sumeru..and hide out with you.."