𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩 𝟒𝟓

Start from the beginning

I had found the pregnancy test still in the wardrobe, tucked in between clothes, where I had left it before I was taken. And I've been keeping it on me ever since, making sure that Ryder doesn't find it and freak out when he finds a positive test with no explanation.

I decide to just show him instead, my hand reaches into the pocket of my baggy sweater that I put on to hide the tiny bump, before pulling out the test. I don't look at him as I hold it in my trembling palms, my head turned to the side, the tears stinging my eyes. I don't want to see the disappointment in his eyes, I can't.

The room was quiet, as we sat in silence. I couldn't help but turn my head to steal a glance at him, wondering what was going through his mind.

He stared down at the test, the slightest smile tugging at the corner of his mouth, his brows still furrowed. "You're pregnant?" I can't really tell what he's feeling, so I just stare back at him.

It's quiet again, the test enough to answer his rhetorical question. "Okay, okay." he breathes out, processing the information before suddenly, he hesitantly pulls me towards him, planting a reassuring kiss on my forehead with a smile.

He's back quiet again, deafening silence taking over, you could probably hear my heart pounding inside me. Before he finally mutters out, "I'm going to be a dad?"

He stares down at the test in disbelief, before flicking his eyes up to meet mine. I can tell he's happy, that familiar look in his eyes, which sends a wave of relief over me, a shaky sigh leaving my lips, feeling my body feeling slightly relaxed.

I nod, a smile slowly creeping onto my face. "you're carrying my baby?" he repeats as if he can't believe it, his enthusiasm growing as he looks back down at my stomach. "I'm carrying your baby." I admit, nodding as slight tears start rolling down my cheeks.

As I looked up at him, a wide smile spread across his face. He pulled me closer to him, and began to plant kisses all over, before finally, his lips found mine and he left several soft kisses, still smiling against my lips.

Finally, all weight has been lifted from my shoulders at once. He's happy, I'm happy. Everything will be okay.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

A few days ago after everything had happened, we had made plans with Wren and Finn in the hopes of finding some solace and returning to our normal lives.

However, our plans have taken an unexpected turn as we've decided to secretly share the pregnancy announcement with them tonight.

It may be a bit early to tell them, but they're the ones who bought the test and have been worrying nonstop about me for the past week. They have the right to know.

As Ryder and Finn had initially organised tonight's plans, I don't exactly know where we're going. However, I assume it'll be a simple dinner at a restaurant. Ryder won't give me much information, he's actually been acting weird tonight, quiet and a little distant, but I just assume he's still trying to process and adapt. 

I adjust my strapless fishtail dress in the mirror, the sound of my Saint Laurent heels clicking against the bathroom floor as I took a step back to take in my reflection.

I turned to the side, my hand instinctively running over my growing bump. It's not really that big, hardly showing a bump at barely five weeks, but in my eyes, I'm huge.

As I stepped out of the bathroom, I ran my fingers through my hair, making sure it was neat and tidy. Ryder was already waiting for me, dressed in a sharp Dolce & Gabbana suit, sat on the edge of the bed patiently.