CHAPTER EIGHT

E N Z O

I might start enjoying Nova Davis after all. Who knew there could be so much to her and that bug ass of hers. Not only was she stunningly sexy and hard to take your eyes off of, but she was smart, fun, sassy, and a good ear to talk-off. Makes me want to end Miguels life to make this a bit easier.

I heard three drunk ladies near the front of the house just moments after I fished having a few drinks myself.

I was going to go out with them, but then I thought about my father, and what Marco said. I am fucking up. Going out won't solve anything. It's a bad look for the Siena, and as a Capo in the making, I need to get my shit together.

When I opened the door, a tampon was shoved to my chest. There was pee on the concrete floor, along with throw-up.

I helped the other girls inside and upstairs to their designated rooms while Nova sat on the kitchen counter, watching me battle her friends to go the fuck to sleep.

There was no doubt Nova was drunk, only not as bad as the others.

When done, Nova still sat with chips in her hand and a glass of wine. "How come you turned out fine but they are fucked up?" I asked her.

"I ate pasta." she simply replied, she smiles revealing her pearly whites. "Why are you always where I am?"

I grin hard. "It's our stars aligning."

She laughed, not taking my words seriously.

I pulled out another bottle of wine for her and myself. And we got to chatting.

She told me about her parents and her dad. She told me about her mom being from France, how all her family is there and her father didn't have any family but us.

I told her how my mom died when I was ten. I didn't know her well enough before she left me with a four year old and a unstable father and absent older brother.

I told her about how my father and I don't have the best relationship. How he would always beat the crap out of me when I didn't do things properly and belittle me for dumbshit.

It was his way of making me become a man of steel. I promised myself, one day I just might kill my father for the horrid things he made me do.

"Wow. There's so much to you. And to think you were just a twenty-seven year old, little rich boy that got everything handed down to him." She fiddled with her fingers.  "So you know what it feels like to lose a parent I guess."

"It fucking sucks." I sighed. Intending to crack down the good stuff, I said, "So Miguel..."

"What about him?"

"When?"

She laughed and looks down at her hands. "Ever since the beginning of college. He was everything I needed."

"Was?" My brows lift in curiosity.

"Is!" Nova attempted to correct herself. "Unlike you. He is a one-woman man and I love that about him. He's loyal and honest."

"Who's to say I can't be a one-woman man?"

"Uhh..." she chuckles. "You were having sex with Savannah earlier and let's not forget I watch you on TV juggling between different women on The Bachelor Players."