Chapter Twenty: Delivery&Return Of The Chandlers

A child. The little human being for whom you sacrifice for. The little human being for whom you live to protect. The little human being for whom you Love.

When a child looks you in the eye you can't help but get drowned in the sea of innocence. wishing that through the child you well be able to find yourself in that subtle place again. A place where life's little magic's are just wonderful. A place where you are free to dream at own will. A place where danger is just one's imagination. You can only find this place through a child's eye's.

"When will they marry? Why is everyone asking that?" I sigh, tossing the magazine onto the coffee table.

It's been awhile since Jesse's and I last discussion about our current problem. John has received constant calls about interviews and photoshoots. Everyone wants a piece of Jesse and Michael. Our unborn baby has even become widely popular; fans are already playing the guessing game of the gender and a name for our baby. It's been nothing but madness, and I'm finding it hard to deal with.

"Baby, please calm down." Jesse sighs, carefully wobbling over to me.

I plop into the love seat, watching her make a great effort to comfort me with a swelling stomach. Her pregnancy glow couldn't make her anymore beautiful. I hate to worry, because it makes her worry. It's just that I'm very afraid of what will happen once Noah arrives. I just want a little peace, I want to give Jesse and Noah the normal life they deserve. Unfortunately, I may not be able to give them that.

"Jesse tell me right here, right now. Do you want to get married?" I ask desperately, standing from the love seat.

Taking my wrists, she gently places my palms on her stomach and smiles.

"I dream of it all the time. I think about the day I'll be your queen instead of your princess. I want to bring Noah into the world with his mommy and daddy happily married. I really do Michael. But, I don't know. I don't know if we're ready. I don't if you're ready..." She pauses, lifting my chin to meet her gaze. "Being girlfriend and boyfriend is one thing, but being husband and wife is another." She adds, pecking my lips.

Her words, hurtful but all the more truthful. I want to give Jesse the world on a sterling silver platter, but I don't know how. I know marriage is about learning from experiences, but it's also about that milestone two lovers crossed after he proposed. Once you say "I do", you truly have to do. Do for your lover that you haven't done before. Do for your family that you promised you would. Jesse is a smart woman, she's willing to wait and not rush anything. Yet even still, I was hoping she'd say yes.

"Baby, I know in a perfect world, we would be married, Noah would be brought into a sane home, and cameras and reporters would give us privacy. But our world isn't perfect, it never will be. And, I'm okay with that" She whispers, pecking my lips again.

Oh God, can this woman be anymore sweeter and wiser?

"Jesse, Babygirl. I would give anything for you to say yes to marrying me. If you want me to mature, I am. I'm working on it. Is there anything you don't like, I'll change it. But Babygirl, I really want to bring in Noah the right way. I love you and want you to be Misses Jackson" I sigh, merely pleading with.

When her eyes begin to well, my heart flutters. I could be getting through to her, I hope. I would hate to stand here and beg for no reason.

"I'll think about it..." She sighs, giggling once I quickly bruise her lips with mine.

Not exactly the answer I wanted, but I'll take it. Anything for our little boy to proudly proclaim he was born righteously.

"Michael?" She whispers, pressing our palms together.