» fifteen

chapter fifteen:
' protect me '

for the first time in Kiyo's life, the world was quiet

there were eight people in the room with her, but she couldn't hear any thoughts. not being able to hear them relaxed her tired mind, but it also terrified her.

The League of Villains somehow had a resistance to her quirk. she couldn't hear a damn thing besides their mumbling in the middle of the room. she was tied to a chair and still gagged in the far right corner of the room.

her encounter with Dabi replayed in her mind. the fear she felt, the sinister look in his eyes, the word he spoke. the face of her classmates as they tried to save her, Kirishima reaching for her and shouting her name before they fell into a pit of black. it was all on repeat.

she had no idea where she was, she only knew that it was a warehouse. she and Dabi went through a teleportation hole of some sort. one second she was falling off the balcony and the next she was in the company of the League once again.

after hours of being left alone, their leader, Shigaraki, finally approached her.

"welcome back," she couldn't see his grin through the hands that covered his face and body, "we were interrupted last time... that won't happen tonight"

Kiyo didn't try to fight out the rope tied around her wrists and waist, but her glare showed well enough that she'd like to hurt them. bad.

Shigaraki removed the cloth from her mouth and she immediately spit in his face, "Fuck off"

her eyes flickered between grey and violet as she tried to use her quirk but failed, "what do you want from me?!"

Shigaraki wiped the spit from his forehead, "you'll get your quirk back in a couple hours. we can't have you try anything risky"

her glare never faltered, "are you going to tell me why I'm here, again?"

"how's your control?" Shigaraki ignored her again and took a couple steps back, "is it driven by your emotions? have you learned new techniques and commands?"

the unsettling feeling in her gut grew, "how do you know what my quirk is? why can't I hear you like before?"

"we had some help from a friend. your daddy!" Twice spoke, letting out the surprise sooner than scheduled.

a chill ran through her entire body, her chest suddenly bearing an enormous weight.

"my dad is helping you? that's impossible! you're lying!"