» six

chapter six:
'the exam'

before class 1-A knew it, the provisional license exam was upon them

before class 1-A knew it, the provisional license exam was upon them. today was the day they would go against 2nd and 3rd years from other schools across Japan to compete to get their hero licenses. the dorm was full of chaos, everyone excited and rushing to get ready and make sure they had everything for this big event.

Kiyo Taniguchi sat in her room, dreading the idea of just leaving it. she sat in her bean bag chair, fumbling with her guitar, as the conversation she she had with Aizawa played in her head.

"you're not going to participate in the exam," Aizawa spoke, his voice void of emotion, as he collected his item from in front of the class.

"ehh?! what do you mean I'm not taking the exam? I worked my ass off these past two weeks!" Kiyo was furious.

what was the point of doing all of this if i'm not even going to get anything out of it? why did I train so hard to please everyone if i'm just going to waste my energy?

Aizawa sighed, "that's precisely my point. you've been here for two weeks, and your classmates have had months to train their quirks to prepare for this," Aizawa grabbed his yellow sleeping bag off the floor and patted Kiyo's head, "there's a make-up exam in a few weeks that you'll participate in, so tomorrow you'll sit with me and watch your classmates, maybe you can learn something"

"that stupid, dull eyed moron," Kiyo muttered to herself, tossing her guitar onto her bed, "i'm perfectly capable of beating up some kids. I mean seriously, I placed second in the recommendation exam! I beat Yaomomo and Shoto! that should mean something!"

her grey eyes began to glow violet as her anger and frustration grew. the objects in her room started to levitate soon after, shaking as they were on the verge of breaking. Kiyo noticed this and squeezed her eyes shut.

breathe, Kiyo. just breathe. why are you getting so worked up? it's not like you even want to become a hero. you're superiority complex is just acting up! damn... i've been around Bakugou too much... that dumbass delinquent attitude is rubbing off on me.

a sudden knock on her door snapped her out of her thoughts, and caused the floating objects to crash to the ground. with that followed the intense headache.

"come in"

Yaoyorozu and Asui appeared in her doorway. Yaoyorozu spoke first, "everyone's waiting downstairs, are you ready?"

Asui's eyes widened as she looked into the girls room, "what happened in here?"

Kiyo ran her fingers through her hair as she laughed nervously, "a tiny quirk malfunction. I'll clean up later," she then grabbed her bag and placed her headphones around her shoulders, shoving her phone into her skirt pocket, "you tow nervous for the exam?"