✉️Manjiri✉️

You:
Still occupied?

M:
Kind of.
Among a few ladies from the neighbourhood.

You:
Did the prayer meet go well?

M:
Yes.
You didn't pick up before, why?

You:
Phone was on silent. Didn't hear.

M:
Ok!
I'll call once I get done with everything.

You:
How about videocall?

M:
Just pray that till then electricity stays.
Otherwise it would be useless.

You:
Ugh!

M: ⁠

~~~

Saturday | 05:13

✉️Dr. Saahab✉️

You:
Good morning!

DS:
What's good in this morning?

You:
What happened?
Night shift didn't go well?

DS:
Nope. It was hectic.

You:
Oh!
Heading to your room or still in hospital.

DS:
On my way.
Is Vidhi up?

You:
We can call. She is not around rn.

📳Incoming Voicecall from Dr. Saahab📳

~~~

_

_

_

Emotions are weird. Their complexity and unpredictability could be best tested in situations like those in which Manjiri was currently in.

Closing her eyes momentarily, she took a shallow sigh. It was a pretty hectic day for her. Well, she returned to Dehradun, Mohan Villa in the evening that day. Nobody from either sides, neither the Mohan family nor the Rao family allowed her to travel alone. Thereby, Jai came along to drop her. And if Jai was going somewhere, that meant Vidhi too would go. So, she too accompanied.

Manjiri was happy yet sad. She was sad because she had left the house where she grew up earlier that morning, however, by the evening, she was happy to come back to her Mohan Villa. The myriad of contrasting emotions were hitting her hard.

She genuinely felt at peace coming back to where she had started belonging but leaving the place to which she used to belong was saddening too.

The familiar faces at Mohan Villa welcomed her with so much love that she couldn't help feeling astonished. It was her family. She now belonged there.

Everyone was happy to see Manjiri back, but Adishri's contented smile deserved a mention. However, Ved showed nothing and Manjiri already saw it coming. She just hoped that it was just a brief period of annoyance that would go away with her apology and some divulgence.
One more testament!

Mohan family persuaded Jai to stay at their place overnight and leave for Agra the next day. Vidhi's cuteness and constant babbling charmed the entire family by all means. None was getting enough of her animated talks.