Chapter 1

Queen Sophie:

Red

Dark Red

Almost Crimson

If was sticky

All over her hands

It was...

Strawberry jam?

Sophie woke up with her hand on her chest, breathing hard.

The fuck?

Those types of dreams weren't uncommon. She had been having these types of dreams ever since she had put the damn necklace on her neck, but they still caught her by surprise every time.

They weren't unpleasant though. It was nice not having to see the death of her loved ones on repeat.

Sophie tip-toed to her bathroom, trying not to make a racket as she had her shower and put on clothes. After everything, she checks her watch.

5:40 AM

Not bad, not at all

She had been able to manage sleeping in past 5, which was a highly abnormal thing for her. In the years of battle, the most Sophie had managed was 3:52 AM. This sleep-in streak had been going for about a month, and Sophie was planning to keep it that way.

The former Moonlark tip-toed up to her daughter's room, hoping to reassure the pessimistic side of her. After all, it had been only 30 days since Mila had been kidnapped.

The Queen's soft footsteps echoed through the quiet hallways. With her speed, it would take forever to get to her destination.

So, Sophie did what she was best at.

She teleported.

Sophie had been practicing ever since the war had started, and after 12 or something years, she was a master at teleporting. She didn't even have to move!

The anxious mother reached for her daughter's doorknob to check, but then something caught her attention. Sophhie pressed her ear against the door. And she heard...

Voices?