An Unexpected Creature

Chapter 9 (Fíndel's POV)

Sorry for the long wait!

I had never felt this happy in many years. I still remember when my best friend, Helarin had been kidnapped and murdered by the Necromancer* at Dol Guldur. Eámanë had managed to somehow crawl out of the basket while I wasn't looking and had hidden herself. Soon after, she gave me such a fright I almost stabbed her with my short-sword. Ashamed at herself for almost getting killed again, she threw me a look that could melt cold, hard stone. Instantaneously, I had forgiven her. We were now sitting in a small, secure cave behind a curtain of water, somewhat like the dwelling Prince/Lord Faramir has in Ithilien. I had furnished this cave with a small larder, dining room, wash room, kitchen and two bedrooms. It was a wonderfully sized cave. Brrrrrrr! The maiden had been bubbling her water. She was very courteous in the presence of elders and of those with authority, yet with no-one of these rankings, she was playfully childish. The glimmer of youth was almost blinding. I had started to wonder who she loved, and who loved her. She was beautiful, slender and strong like a blade, but playful and serious at the same time. Her pale yellow hair was like to the mallorn leaves in the winter. The pools of green in her eyes sparkled and shone, like a pond in the summer. She was gorgeous. I stared blankly ahead not even seated in my chair, but looking to the waterfall, daydreaming about a random train of thought. The train went haywire as a heavy weight collided onto my unsuspecting back.

"Boo!" squealed a happy voice. "Guess who!!" I smiled. Her beaming face masked the many sorrows that she had gone through, I later learned. Still clinging to my back, I ran out of the cave and into the cool arms of the waterfall. We danced in the gentle water, like elf children. We had only met, but there was an instant connection. As if we were made for each other. We "waltzed" and Eámanë twirled around, resembling a water lily in her simple white gown. She took my hand in her small one, and dragged me to the nearby patch of trees. We weaved in and out of the dense little trees. Then she disappeared from sight. I called her name many times, and suddenly her head popped out of a bush.

"Come here!" she whispered. Stealthily, I huddled up close to her. I then noticed a tiny creature enclosed in her arms. It was a new-born Mèlanæ elk, the special elk breed from Mirkwood. What was the poor thing doing here, over the mountains? It was too young to travel alone, let alone find food,and most of the elk were tamed by the elk-riders of Mirkwood. Cradling the calf in her arms, the maiden carefully walked to the House of Elrond.

*The Necromancer is from the Hobbit

A/N: I thought maybe Eámanë could be really playful, and responsible at the same time. So if you don't like that, tell me! I like feedback, so don't be scared! Please read my other books! (I might discontinue this one...)