The Camp-Out

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Legolas (unfortunately) and all the characters from lotr, cuz they belong to Tolkien. At least Eámanë is mine. :)

Chapter 2

Her smile. It was stunning. The way the sunlight bounced off her pale yellow hair, the way her dimples formed and how her eyes, pools of clear green, sparkled. I grabbed her hand and ran. Just like what I did 1496 years ago, when I first met her. She laughed and ran with me. We ran through the forest of Mirkwood, running, running, running. We came to a little clearing and toppled over like drunks, roaring with laughter. We watched the sunlight fade, the leaves crunched in our ears, and cushioned us. Suddenly, a twig cracked behind me. Eámanë had vanished. An enormous wave of worry crashed over me. I sat up. I called her name. CRASH! I was pinned to the ground.

"Ha! Gotcha!!" a familiar voice playfully growled. I couldn't help but blush a slightly as I recognized the voice as Eámanë's. Fortunately, it was dark and only the stars were out and the moon was hiding so she couldn't see the colour of my face. I pushed her off, and we gazed at the stars, pointing out our favourite constellations. It was very late, and Eámanë snuggled close to me. Her head rested on my chest.

"Goodnight," she said.

"Goodnight. Sleep tight," I replied.

She closed her eyes and slept.

I was always amazed at how much she trusted me, since childhood till now. I loved her dearly, as I loved a sister, yet I wasn't sure about her thoughts about me. I pushed these thoughts aside and slept.

--------

The cooing of the doves. The scrambled up song of the mockingbirds. The clear melody of the robins. Looking around, I found Eámanë, cooking a few mushrooms with some potatoes. Along with that was a small plate of eggs. She turned and smiled. "Surprise!" she beamed. After enjoying breakfast, we strolled along in the woods soaking in the sights and sounds. Out of nowhere, an arrow pierced a tree near to my head. It didn't take long before my best friend unsheathed her dagger, which shone a fierce blue and whispered "Orcs!"

A/N: FYI anything in between the asterixes/stars/whatever you want to call them are memories. The hyphons represent the passing of hours. Sorry this chapter is kind of short, but I wanted to end this with a cliff-hanger!