CHAPTER 02

"Do you have a problem with me?"

The man asked me as the three girls beside him sneaked smirks and grinned at me. "Well, yes. You, people, are completely disturbing my relaxing time," I said, although I hadn't come for any relaxation it doesn't need to be mentioned.

"Oh yeah? What was that about me being a player then?" he inquired, taking a seat beside me and I internally groaned. He had gray eyes that, unfortunately, went really well with his ash-blond hair. He was shirtless -it was a great view actually, but it was a shame that his personality did not impress me and dulled him physically to me.

"Well," I pointedly looked at the three girls latching onto him, "you really want the answer to that?"

"Girl's been deprived of some action unlike us," gloated another girl, lightly tracing her pointy finger on his neck. I could feel the heat creep up onto my neck, and it didn't go unnoticed by them.

"Aww, dear. We better fix that. You don't look bad," the man said with a wink while inspecting me from head to toe, "I can unhook some of those layers and show you a good time." His suggestion sent disgusting shivers up my spine as he proved his point by lightly grazing his hands behind the girls who giggled at his antics.

"I know your type. You guys are bras indeed. Hooking up behind your partner's back. And that kind of man is the type I hate the most," I growled, recalling memories of my own cheating ex.

Jamie, who was behind the counter, sniggered in response. I downed my glass and left the deck leaving the wide-eyed man and jaw-dropped bimbos, sparing an apologetic smile towards Jamie. I would've had a good time just talking with Jamie, as I had like the previous days, but my mood was ruined, and I just wanted to read a book to calm my racing thoughts.

Why were guys never loyal? Why did I always attract these kinds of people? Was I cursed? These thoughts plagued me as I walked away. All my previous boyfriends had cheated on me, the second one breaking my heart the worst as we had spent four years together.

So, it's no surprise that I'm cautious around any man, not letting my guard down. And that man at the bar counter was definitely a red flag.

I opened the door to my cabin and found Larisa sprawled on the bed, sleeping soundly, dead to the world. I dropped myself on top of her, and she woke with a cry. "What just happened? Are we sinking?" she shouted frantically, grabbing her phone and sitting up straight.

"Jeez, so you grab your phone if the ship were to sink?" I laughed, my dark mood already lessening thanks to my best friend's outburst. "Well, duh," she retorted and laid back on the bed, "I'm going back to sleep." She closed her eyes, but they abruptly opened as she sat up again, "Wait, what happened to snatching up a man?"

"Ugh. I got disgusted by the first person I saw. I rather chat up with Jamie as I test out his new drinks or something," I said while I plopped down onto my bed.

"I'm a thousand percent sure Jamie has a crush on you."

"Huh?" I wondered out loud and caught her eyes, "What are you on about?"

"Come on, I could see it miles away! Making special drinks just for you? Did you see the way his muscles bulge when he mixes his drinks? Oh, I wouldn't mind having a taste of his drink, if you know what I me-"

"Larisa! You cannot say vulgar things like that!" I screeched and hit her with a pillow as she cackled, "Ah, best vacation ever!"

° ° °

As it was the last night of the cruise, the decks leading to the dining hall were crowded. It was a one-way trip and we will reach the mainland tomorrow evening. The Captain had announced that they had prepared the most 'grandi-licious' feast ever to end the cruise with flying colors. Couples swayed to the music, whether it was freestyle or ballroom dancing, everyone was enjoying themselves in the enormous dining hall.

FORGET MEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें