Chapter 10 - Night Stroll

Start from the beginning

No one replied. Thorin, looking perturbed, rose from him seat.

"Excuse me." he then left to join his own kin.

Anaynah eagerly ate her greens, though Bombur's food was delicious and hearty and the road, a healthy change it was to have vegetables.

"13 Dwarves, a halfing and a Ranger. Strange travelling companions, Gandalf." The Elven Lord observed as he raised his goblet of wine to his lips. Anaynah couldn't help but agree.

"These are the descendants of the House of Durin." The Wizard explained, "they're noble, decent folk. And surprisingly cultured. They've got a deep love of the arts."

Well...

"Change the tune, why don't you? I feel like I'm at a funeral!"

"Did somebody die?"

"Alright lads, there's only one thing for it."

All eyes fell upon Bofur who now stood on top of a pedestal placed between two of the dinning tables. Anaynah grimaced as she rubbed her forehead. She loved these Dwarves to death, but they did sometimes have a knack for making a spectacle.

"Theeeeeeres annnnnnn inn, there's an inn a merry old inn, beneath an old grey hill,
And there they brew a beer so brown
That the Man in the Moon himself came down
one night to drink his fill."

Bofur began to sing the shanty, soon the rest of the Company joined.

Food had now began to be thrown, sent flying across the courtyard

Food had now began to be thrown, sent flying across the courtyard. Anaynah's could merely watch in horror, jumping slightly when a piece of bread went flying past Elronds head. Gandalf too mortified.

"The ostler has a tipsy cat
that plays a five-stringed fiddle;
And up and down he runs his bow,
Now squeaking high, now purring low,
now sawing in the middle.

"The ostler has a tipsy catthat plays a five-stringed fiddle;And up and down he runs his bow,Now squeaking high, now purring low,now sawing in the middle