Chapter 10 - Night Stroll

Start from the beginning

"What's your problem?" Anaynah raised an eyebrow, pulling Kili's gaze away from the Elleth. He turned to see Anaynah, Bofur and Dwalin, all giving him the same look. 

"I can't say I fancy Elf maids myself. Too thin. They're all highcheekbones and creamy skin. Not enough facial hair for me. Although, that one there is not bad." Kili announced as he cocked his head to a passing Elf. Anaynah stiffed a laugh.

"Um, Kili my friend, how do I put this..." Anaynah began.

"That's not an Elf maid." Said Dwalin with a wink. The Elf turned to reveal he was indeed not a maiden. Shocked, the prince turned back around to the table who all roared with laughter.

    "It's funny

"It's funny." Kill picked at his food in embarrassment, his face most priceless.

Seconds later, Anaynah saw that Gandalf, Thorin and Elrond had been seated at their own taller table, with one extra seat which belonged to her as there was no extra space around the table she was currently at. So with a huff she made her way there.

"This is Orckist, The Goblin Clever." Anaynah sat down at her chair between Thorin and Gandalf to Elrond enlightening them to the swords they found, he carefully examined it blade, "forged by the High Elves of the West. My kin. May it serve you well." He handed the blade back to Thorin who accepted it gratefully.
Anaynah's sipped at her wine as she listened intently.

    "And this is Glamdring

"And this is Glamdring." Elromd grabbed Gandalfs sword next, pulling it several inches put of it's sheath, "Foe-hammer. The sword of the King of Gondolin. These swords were made for the Goblin wars in the First Age."
Anaynah's brows went up in astonishment. These blade were legendary.
How Anaynah longed to carry a renowned blade herself. As a child, she would read much about the history of Middle Earth and she indeed came across these famous blades. Though hers too was of Elven make, it was nothing in comparison to these fine weapons.
Elrond handed back Glamdring back to it's new owner, now an inquiring look on him.
"How did you come by these?"

"We found them in a troll hoard on the Great East Road, shortly before we were ambushed by Orcs!" Gandalf replied.

"And what were you doing on the Great East Road."