Y/n: There's that, but some professionals need to take some time off, too.

Ruby: Yeeeeaaaah, I get that. (laughs) We're pretty much pros, too.

Qrow: Oh, really?

Yang: Psch, yeah! Read the news sometime. We totally saved Vale while you were gone.

Qrow: Funny, because I heard Vale suffered a Grimm attack after you almost managed to stop a train.

Game: Frozen ninja wins. Perfect annihilation.

Qrow: Lucky.

Y/n: Nope skills.

Qrow: Well, they don't give medals out for almost.

I get up and sit next to Ruby on Weiss's bed.

Ruby: (resolutely) They do, and it's called silver!

Yang: Well, we helped take down Roman Torchwick! He's locked up in Ironwood's ship, and crime's been down ever since! That's basically a bounty mission!

Qrow: Sure, you may be acting like Huntresses and Huntsman, but you're not thinking like one. Do you really think four girls, a guy, and their friends could end all crime in a kingdom?

Y/n: I never did. Even the superhero shows I watched as a kid couldn't stop all crime.

Ruby: (tapping her fingers together in embarrassment) I mean, I did until you said that...

Qrow: (sounding more serious now) Violence hasn't dropped since Roman got nabbed; it's stopped completely. No White Fang activity anywhere around the city. You cut off the head of the King Taijitu, but now the second head's calling the shots. That's what Ironwood can't get through that thick metal head of his.

Yang: (exchanging a look with Ruby and me) You... know the General?

Qrow: (back to his usual joking demeanor) Hey, I know everybody to some extent. Remember, you're talking to a member of the coolest team that graduated from Beacon!

He reaches behind him into one of his pockets and pulls out a photo lined with stains and age of four figures - himself, Raven Branwen, Taiyang Xiao Long, and Summer Rose. It looks

Qrow: Hah, Team STRQ... That's where I met your parents. We were pretty well known back in the day.

Ruby: Well known for crummy fashion sense!

Qrow: Hey, we looked good! And I have a number of inappropriate stories to back that up! (wiggles his eyebrows suggestively, but notices Yang continuing to stare at the picture and puts it away) But, I'll save those for when you're older.

Ruby: (recoils in disgust) Oh, gross!

Qrow: (getting up and walking out) Anyways, I'm too old to be hanging out with a bunch of kids. You're gonna cramp my style. Look, just remember that you've still got a long way to go...

He turns around and holds a finger up to express his seriousness.

Qrow: And don't think for a second that graduating means you're done. Every day out there is worth a week in this place. You two, you're gonna go far. But only if you keep learning; if you never stop moving forward.

We all ponder his words of wisdom as I get up and start heading to the one place the whole of team Rwby won't be able to find me at least yet to continue to think on alternative plans to the fall of Beacon. I reached my destination soon after the music room. I pull out a pen and paper. (a cookie to the people who get the reference) I get to work to try and come up with a plan.

Timeskip

Y/n: Aghhh there's too many fucking unknown variables.

I burn the paper in my hand to ash as I get up and punch the wall with my mechanical hand.