Phantom Pain

I sit in the stands of the arena watching the amazing match of Team RWBY against team ABRN. Sitting here in the Amity Colosseum brings both excitement for being here and terror of what to come. All I can do is do what I can when it comes for now, I'll enjoy the tournament and support my team.

(In case it gets deleted, put the fight video)

I was wandering the fair grounds looking for my teammates looking down each possible line of stalls, not looking where I was going and bumped into someone. I turn towards the person that person is Jack.

Y/n: Sorry about that, Jack, right?

Jack: Yes, Y/n, right? Ruby talks about you a lot.

Y/n: Huh, when did you start talking?

Jack: I managed to get her to exchange contact info. We talk, but not often I mostly start the conversation. It'll lead to you, her team, or her classes most of the time.

Y/n: Huh yeah? So, do you live here in Vale?

Jack: No, I'm from Vacuo. I came to watch the Vytal festival in person.

Y/n: Well, from the topic of where we're from, I'm from Menagerie.

Jack: Huh? Interesting.

Y/n: Nice bumping into you and all, but I should keep looking for my team. We'll talk more another time.

I leave him and continue looking for them, eventually finding them finish talking to Emerald. I rush over to them.

Y/n: Hey guys.

Yang: There you are. We were wondering when you'd find us.

Ruby: So what took you?

Y/n: I ran into Jack.

Blake: Can we walk and talk? I'm still hungry.

We start following Yang.

Y/n: So what I'm about to say, I'm not trying to sound like a possessive or overprotective boyfriend, but he set red flags off for me.

Ruby: Why? He seems nice.

Y/n: The conversation started with him talking about you. That he initiates the text conversations or calls with you, and the conversation topics lead to your team and your classes.

Weiss: With how Y/n puts it, it sounds like he's obsessed with you.

Ruby: I'm sure he's fine.

Yang: Has the conversation ever gone to a topic about him?

Ruby: Uh um no the only thing he ever told me about him was he told me he's from Mistral.

Y/n: He told me he was from Vacuo.

Ruby: Maybe an autocorrect.

Blake: How could Vacuo be autocorrected to Mistral?

Ruby: I... uh... I got nothing.

Y/n: Now my concerns seem justified.

Yang: Yeah, just block him, Ruby. If he tries to approach you, tell me, and I'll deal with him.

Y/n: Yeah, Yang went into overprotective sister mode. I'm glad I didn't have to go through that.

Ruby: Okay, I'll do that.