"Who says you are my target?" I questioned, adjusting my aim over her shoulder. I saw one of the twins place one behind the witch.

"Jane Doe, do not fire," Alpha sternly ordered, "I know what you are about to do and it will only end in disaster."

"Trust me, Alpha. I know what I am doing," I replied.

"Jane, hold your fire," Flare sternly insisted. I did not listen to Alpha or Flare's warnings. Do they not trust my judgment? The plan is a bust if the witch finds out that I am planning on shooting at a bomb to set off our ticket out of here.

The woman just stood there and seemed to be entertained by our struggle. She did not look frightened at all. Did she know what I was planning? Can she read my mind or-or was she messing with my head? Is she toying with me this entire time? Daring me to pull the trigger?

I could feel sweat forming on my brow and there was a rapid thumping in my chest. My nerves were off the scale.

"So, what will you do?" the woman questioned, teasingly. I put pressure on the trigger, causing Alpha to react.

"Jane, I order you to stand down right now," Alpha hissed. I licked my lips, trying to focus.

"JANE, NO!" Flare yelled at me.

I pulled the trigger. The bullet flew straight at my target and hit. An explosive went off which lead to the other bombs exploding.

A majority of the wealthy woman's army was caught in the crossfire of the blasts. Everything had been going to plan but I was not counting for the explosion to reach the twins.

"NO!" I shouted.

The twins still had bombs on them.

The bombs went off.

I turned away from watching the gruesome scene. I returned my gaze and shook my head in disbelief.

What have I done? Why did I not listen to Alpha and Flare? Am I really that much of an imbecile?

"Alpha!" I heard Flare cry. I shot my gaze over at where Alpha had been standing only to find him knocked out on the ground. Flare rushed over while Bronze shot at the remaining guards.

I ran over too. I helped Bronze cover Alpha and Flare.

"Bronze, I need you to carry Alpha," Flare commanded, "Jane and I will cover you."

Bronze did not need to be told twice. He and Flare were about to switch places. Yet, the two were dragged off by an invisible force.

"FLARE! BRONZE!" I shouted in fright. They disappeared into the smoke and debris. I knelt over Alpha protectively when everything suddenly went quiet.

I kept my senses on high alert for anything, aimlessly pointing the gun everywhere for any surprise attacks.

A powerful gust blew the smoke and debris away in front of me. There stood the wealthy woman clapping her hands sarcastically. I immediately pointed my gun at her and fired.

I was left baffled when the witch stopped it in mid-flight and fell to the ground. My hands trembled, and my heart dropped into the depths of my stomach.

"Do not be so hasty, young one. The fun has only just begun after all," the witch joyfully said. She chuckled. With a simple flick of her hand, more of the smoke and debris moved from a mysterious breeze. It revealed Flare, Bronze, and Arrow all floating in the air behind the witch.