Chapter 14: Kokushibo POV?

*Spoiler for Kokushibo's backstory and Misturi/y/n's backstory

Once Kokushibo met y/n he had a feeling it would be very hard to get rid of her. Within the first week of their meet she was a talking machine. Nonstop about her sister and her cats.
Then, she started to talk about other things like her training. Even going as far as saying the hashira's names.

The only reason why he put up with it, at first. Was to get information about the demon slayer core. Useful information about the hashira and their master. Where the location of the demon slayer core was. How many hashira their was and how developed they were with their swordsmanship.

But, as he continued to listen to this girl speak. He started getting memories he wished he forget. The soul reason for becoming a demon was so he could surpass his brother. Even to this day he knew that he couldn't ever reach his brother's potential. But, as he listend to you talk about your sister.

He started to think maybe things could have been different. What if he hadn't been blinded by jealousy. Yeah right, like that could happen. Years ago he almost died from yoriichi. Even when he was old he still had the strike power. That left wounds on his body and to his pride.

He started to listen to you not to find information. But, to listen how your life was. Hearing how you and your sister suprised your mother. By lifting a heavy rock that weighed way more than you did. Or the fact that the two of you could eat as much as three sumo wrestlers.

He was more interested when you explained how your sister wad a hashira and you weren't. He finally talked back to you and asked you.

"Are you jealous of her?" He asked.

You laughed at him and said no. Though apart of you seemed like you were lying to yourself. So you admitted that you admired how strong your sister was. Especially in battle and how brave she is. You had told him how when you first joined the core with her. You sometimes chickened out on missions.

"I was a bit scared on some of my missions. That I just didn't go ofcourse I got reprimanded, but I was just nervous I guess," You told him.

Nervous? You didn't seem nervous when you charged into battle with that flame hashira against Akaza. Although he could see you sweating a bit. But, he knew Akaza wouldn't hurt a women. So he didn't intervene. He waited and waited until the sun came up and Akaza ran away with that boys sword in him.

Akaza ofcourse doesn't like him. So Kokushibo lied to him telling him that Muzan had sent him. He could tell by Akaza's face that he knew he was lying. But, as long as you were safe he was fine with it.

Wait...no! Watching to make sure you were safe. What has gotten into him? If Muzan found out he would be killed and so would you. Why does he care for you so much. Is it because he's been alone for years and years. That it felt nice to talk to someone. Or is it because he felt like you two were similar.

Both trying to live up to their siblings. Trying to max out their power. Maybe he'll ask you when he sees you again. Until then he'll await your arrival.

Patiently?