CHAPTER IX

How Aelia ended up in this situation? She has no idea.

One minute she's walking on her way to the cafeteria to meet her friends, and then the other she's face-to-face with none other than

Azriel.

Her breath hitched in her throat as she became mesmerized by those brown eyes staring deeply into her soul, she's unmovable.

Students walking around now stopped in their tracks and were engrossed to what will happen next,

Everyone saw what happened, how the mysterious woman moved so fast to grab Aelia away from God knows what, they were shocked by what they saw that they failed to notice a transparent arrow zooming past Aelia and dissipating into thin air as it failed to hit it's target.

Azriel looked around, seeing students now watching them intrigued.

Nosy motherfuckers. She thought.

After inspecting the tiny incision on Aelia's upper arm and finding out it's nothing serious, She let go of the woman's arm. Directing her eyes towards where the attack came from, she zoomed past Aelia in a supernatural speed, Disappearing in a blink of an eye.

Aelia let's out a deep exhale of breath she's been holding since the moment she realized who was in front of her.

She's so confused what happened.

Shaking her head she was about to follow where Azriel ran to but was stopped when she heard her name being called.

"Bella, Are you okay? What happened?" Came the worried voice of Kali running towards Aelia's direction with Blair in tow.

Kali and Blair were waiting for Aelia to arrive, they were hungry and didn't want to eat yet since they wanted to wait for their friend.

"It was the new girl. I saw Azriel grabbed her. I wonder what she did." Kali and Blair heard the student who walked past their table spoke. Not thinking about anything else, the two manipulator quickly stood up and run outside the cafeteria to look for their friend.

"Did she hurt you?" Kali worriedly asked.

Aelia shook her head.

"What happened?" Blair asked.

Aelia did not know what to say, she didn't even know what transpired, It all happened too fast that she was unable to comprehend.

"I don't even know. All I know is that Azriel grabbed me and when I asked her why she did that, she said if she didn't then it would've been my back that's injured." She quickly explained only picking up certain parts of what she remembered.

"Injured?" Kali exclaimed "are you hurt?"

"I have a cut," Aelia pointed at her upper arm where the wound was located but was surprised when it's no longer there "here" she faltered, Kali and Blair unable to see the cut looked at her confused.

"I swear to God, there was a cut here. I even felt the stinging pain from it."

Her friends just nodded and did not question her further.

"Does anywhere else hurt?" Kali asked with a soft voice, already calmed down after seeing Aelia okay.

Aelia shook her head and gave Kali a soft smile.
"I'm fine." She reassured staring at Kali's eyes, they're beautiful but those brown eyes that belongs to the mysterious girl, is a different kind of beautiful.

"Okay, That's good. Let's go." Blair interject, not wanting the fact she's being a third wheel as her two friends were getting lost in each others eyes.
Gross! She thought.