CHAPTER II

The sound of the door opening and closing woke up Bella from a shallow nap she was having.

Stretching her arms and letting out a silent yawn, she sat up from her bed.

"I'm sorry, Did I wake you up?" Bella heard her roommate asked.

"No, it's okay. I didn't even notice I fell asleep after I finished fixing my things."

"Here," Kali said while handing bella a plastic bag with a container of food inside. "Eat up, I know you're hungry."

Bella turned to Kali with a raised eyebrow, the latter chuckled then responded.
"I heard your stomach growling when you woke up." Bella blushed- embarrassed. "Don't be embarrassed kid, It's already 8 in the evening and I know for a fact you haven't had dinner yet."

"Who are you calling kid?" Bella challengingly asked reaching out for the food her roommate was offering her.

"You, of course." The older responded.

"I'm not a kid. We're the same age, aren't we?" She asked genuinely curious.

"You're 22?" Kali asked.

"No, I'm 19" The younger quickly responded.

"Then we are not the same age." Commented Kali who's now walking her way to the bathroom to wash up.

"Wait, You're 22?" Bella asked incredulously, actually surprised by the age reveal. Earlier she swear she's sure they're the same age.

"I get that a lot. They always say I look a lot younger than my actual age." Kali who is now in the bathroom responded in a muffled voice.

"Yes you do." Aelia responded but the woman in the bathroom did not hear it.

Isabella stood up from her bed and sat down on the stool at the corner of the room beside the table to eat what Kali has brought for her.

She was actually pretty surprised by the size of the room since she expected it to be too small and cramped but it was surprisingly big, well not that big big but with a little extra space for two persons considering it's a dorm.

After Kali got out of the bathroom, she sat down on her bed then spoke, "Hey, Kid."

"Stop calling me kid." Bella frowned then playfully glared at the older. Bella did not know why, but she feels really comfortable with Kali even though they only met just a couple of hours ago. Maybe it's because the older is being really nice to her or because her aura just brings comfort, either way, she's happy she's her roommate.

The older of the two chuckled.
She really radiates good vibes, Bella thought.

"Anyways, who did you interact with upon arriving in the academy?" Kali curiously asked.

"Why'd you ask?"

Kali shrugged then responded "Just because."

A little skeptical, Bella responded. "Well, The guard when I arrived since he was at the gate. Then Ms. Lim who gave me the papers and books, then she asked this guy, Henry, to brief me in a little about the schools rules and regulations, and yeah, Just them." Before Kali even had a chance to reply bella talked again "Oh wait, I also met this girl when Henry excused himself to the bathroom, I believe her name's Eirene."

At the mention of the name, The older hastily sat up even if she just laid down just a second ago.
"You met Eirene?" She asked, voice a little worried. "Did she touch you or something?"

The tone of Kali's voice prompts a weird feeling inside Isabella which makes her nervous.

"Yeah, The RW student device is similar to a regular phone, but its only limited to activities in the academy." Henry said. He just finished explaining to Bella the function of the RW student device and the student Identification card. "Did you get it?" He asked.