The old man nods, turning the street at the next intersection.

This is what I knew would happen if he didn't give up on that forsaken position. I can never understand his greed for more when he already has everything. He's a great businessman, I'm sure he knows the perils of these accusations. Bad publicity is the worst publicity, especially for a respected individual like him. It will bring an unrepairable dent to his reputation. And his business? It's bound to suffer. I pity Arush. He's going to be a mess while handling the mess his brother has made.

As soon as our car stops at the porch, I see several police jeeps drive off. Opening the door, I step out and watch as his family rushes out of the door, stopping short at the sight of me.

"Ru- Shourya!" Taranya skips down the stairs and flings herself in my arms. I lift her off the floor, burying my face in the crook of her neck, refilling my empty vessel of peace. Moments later, I put her down on the floor and she pulls away to look at me, her hands reaching to cup my face. "Are you okay? I was so scared."

"I'm fine. I'm absolutely fine."

"Okay, but they took Bhai," she points towards the direction police jeeps disappeared into. "They arrested him. They- they said he- he was the one-"

"Calm down, Esther."

She blinks, eyes alarmed, her appearance haggard. "But they falsely accused Bhai-"

"I know. I saw the news. Let's go inside." I wrap my arm around her shoulders. "Niharika," I look at the woman who gives me her attention. "Can you please return to the palace? I need updates on the situation there. Who he's contacting, who he's reaching out for help, I need to know everything."

She nods. "Sure, I'll keep in touch."

As she drives off in her car, I steer the Chauhan family back inside the palace.

"What was that?" Vivaan demands. "Why is our brother falsely accused?"

I make Tara sit on the couch. "Because he's the director of the hospital."

"Namesake!" Vivaan growls. "He practically had no authority in any of the decisions they made!"

"I know, calm down." I say firmly.

"Don't tell me to calm down, Rudra! My brother is falsely accused of something he didn't do! What if they send him to jail in place of the real criminals!?" He hollers. "Was this your so called great plan? To make my brother a scapegoat?"

"Vivaan!" I address the man sternly.

He rakes a shaky hand through his hair.

"You're overreacting. But I understand. Calm down." I nod at Arush to handle his brother. He obliges, helping Vivaan sit on the couch and bringing him a glass of water, crouching next to his knees.

"Bhai didn't look panicked." Tara mumbles, catching our attention. "It's like he was expecting this." She shares a look with Arush. He hums.

"What do you mean?" Agastya frowns.

"She's right. He knew this would happen." I answer. "And you should be at the office right now. They need you." My eyes shift to Arush.

He releases a troubled sigh. "Yeah, I know. Just tell me everything will be fine in the end. I won't be able to concentrate otherwise."

"Don't worry. Just trust me." I tell him.

He nods and gets up from the crouched position. "I'll see you guys...." He trails unsurely, "whenever possible." With that, he turns around and walks off.