26

-• claim me •-

Rudra

I love the idea of belonging.
I've been alone for far too long.
I want to be someone's something.

Gentlemen Clubs are my least liked places.

Overcrowded. Loud. Wild. Rowdy. The definition of filthy.

But tonight I had to be here since my regular commute from Rajgarh to Jaigarh might raise suspicions, especially now that I already have what I wanted at my side for so long. Yuvraaj and I decided that he'll handle most of the practical work, like leading the meetings, attending conferences, taking care of all the paper work, basically being the face of the Esther. While I'll take care of things in the background. We've always worked better in a coordination. I being the brain, and him being the body.

These clubs are keen on giving you the privacy. That's what they endorse. Especially to committed, rich men. Nobody wants to be tattled on or worse, photographed while they're enjoying a lap dance or a strip tease.

Ignoring the slender, manicured hands trying to lure me in for some cash, I politely excuse myself from the beautiful, scantily dressed ladies and make my way upstairs. From my peripheral vision, I see an old man with a heavy dad bod slapping a waitress on the butt. She stiffens, but walks off without saying a word

Gentlemen Clubs.

The irony of the name.

Shaking my head, I continue to the second floor. Amir checks the room number on the card key. "That one," he points towards the last room on the left of the hallway. His feet shuffle past me to open the door. I thank him and slip in, taking the card key along with me.

The room is dimly lit. Streaks of red and blue flash across the walls. The ceiling sparkles due to some kind of starry lights. My eyes shift to the centre of the room where a pole stands as a prop for the bikini clad woman. She has smoky eyes, and they find me the moment I make my presence known. The bored expression on her face disappears. She tries reaching for me. I shake my head and walk up to Yuvraaj working on his laptop. She huffs and returns to dancing.

"Don't tell me you both are gay," she mumbles disappointedly.

I sit down across from Yuvraaj and flaunt my wedding ring to her. He does too.

"Married gay men?"

I chuckle. "I don't know about him, but I love my wife. And I'm straight."

Yuvraaj doesn't bother answering, instead he settles on being an asshole. "I believe I've paid you for the next two hours. Do your job."

"My job is to please you." She has a deep, husky undertone in her voice when she speaks aloud.

"Exactly. I'll be pleased if you work that money's worth I spent on you and be quiet."

She rolls her eyes but goes back to her pole.

"For privacy reasons, we'll proceed to speak in Japanese tonight." He commands. I nod in agreement.

"Did we have to meet here?" I ask, taking out my laptop from the briefcase and placing it on the coffee table in front of his. "Did you check the mails I sent you last night?"