Chapter 78 - Perspectives

Start from the beginning

(Zeki) "Older sis! What are you doing?"

(Ariza) "You know how much that hurts"

Sometimes I think Zeki fakes any empathy he has for others, then shows just a hint in situations like this, Ariza obviously cares for nearly everyone equally though. Can fly a lot faster than those two, we're getting back as soon as possible.

"Both you help her get onto my back, we're leaving now"

I'm flying her away, no time for checking if anything has changed or has been revealed from the dungeon, rewards are pointless right now.

"Shouldn't we wait here instead of dragging her halfway across the world though?"

"Zeki might be right here, this seems a little different from how you'd normally do things"

Once again, I'd normally agree with both of them but this isn't one of those times, Ikarus comes first. It'll never come down to needing to pick favourites but it would be pretty obvious what would happen if I needed to.

"Just please help me you two, okay?"

Even if I'm overthinking this, at least she'll get wake up somewhere familiar or on my back, both would be a lot better than this shithole of a dungeon.

'Promise I'll get you somewhere safe Ikarus...'

__________

(Temporary Perspective Change)

"Ah Jekyll, you've finally returned, how long has it been since we last spoke face to face?"

"Greetings your highness, roughly just over six months I believe, why have I been sent back?"

I'm immediately greeted by the prince in this royal visitors room I've entered, surprisingly an unfamiliar face is alongside him and the white witch, I'm yet to come face to face with her but that's definitely Media, the younger sister and only princess of this empire. Her smile is a lot more innocent looking than the prince's but that doesn't fool anyone who knows anything about her.

No words need to be said on the mage, she's just sitting around like the other two but has her leg up on the coffee table, she really is even more carefree than usually today. They've tend to use this visitors room when they've got nothing else to do so I guess this is going to be more of a personal favour than actual business on why I've been sent back.

I've once again officially returned to the capital after my little 'holiday' in the east, had no choice but to return early since I was called but there wasn't much I can really do over there. Between trying to find the bastard and organizing the ongoing war, no progress has been made on either front, hopefully Petra can inevitably sort both problems out but all I can realistically do at the moment is hope for the best and just get on with it.

"Straight to the point then? I've always liked that about you..."

'I swear his smile gets more insufferable everyday'

"... The point is, I need you to organize the princess's birthday week, it'll require a load of work and can't think of anyone more suitable for such a task"

Hang on, has he seriously called me back to arrange his sister's upcoming birthday? Sigh, the priorities of this royal family really need to be sorted sometimes.

"Excuse me your highness, shouldn't this duty go to someone else? Like maybe someone who isn't organizing an ongoing war"

"Well normally, yes but everyone knows what happens when you try to 'guard' my sister, her party will need to be something special but most importantly, secure"