//Chapter 1//

Chapter Aesthetics: 

                                                                                      --------------------

The day I first met him, just so happened to be the day that I had decided to run away.

When I walked through the doors of my parents' old house and waited on the front steps for my tears to dry I didn't notice him lurking in the shadows, watching subtly.

That is until he sat down next to me and offered me a cigarette, which I refused in my state of shock.

"I'm Seid," he told me in his gruff voice.

His introduction was quite unnecessary seeing as everyone in town knew who he was.

"Amira," I replied curtly, quickly wiping the remaining tears out of my eyes.

We sat in silence for what seemed like an eternity until he finally leaned forward, his face inches from mine. His eyes the clearest of green and devoid of emotion- like obscure emeralds.

"What's wrong?" he asked sincerely, making me wonder why on earth he cared and why he was there. 

Shaking my head I looked down at my feet. I had never been one for spilling to strangers in the middle of the night.

"You can trust me Amira," he said, my name sounded foreign to my own ears when he said it.

"You just heard my voice for the first time like, four minutes ago,"

"Untrue- But your point?"

"I don't know you," I said with a hint of accusation in my voice.

"Exactly," He replied "I won't judge you and we won't even have to ever talk again, just get whatever it is that's bothering you off your chest"

I thought of that for a long time.

I had no one to talk to, and sharing my girly problems that no one understands with Seid seemed as good an option as any. Especially since we were graduating tomorrow and it was highly unlikely I'd ever see him again.

Seid Mulfar. The not so bad- bad boy. The quarterback of our high school football team. The guy who all the girls, and a handful of guys, wanted.

The thing with Seid was that no matter how much of a perfectly clichéd golden boy he appeared to be on paper, he was anything but- in reality.

He didn't date. Never drank or gambled. And could barely ever be found at parties.

He was solely popular because of his best friends- the playboys of Weldwidge High- Jared and Marrs.

He was the 'nice' guy who kept his friends in check, which made him all the more desirable, and spilling to Seid Mulfar at 2am on my porch steps sounded undeniably appealing.