7- Unspoken plans

Začít od začátku

The warrior snorted, "Sure. Besides, I could use some more reading material." Maybe this... 'Cloud' had information on extracting magic.

Safely.

Macaque had to make sure it was safe.

---

Wukong huffed, finally done drawing a lines across each wall.

And probably over a few painting and windows.

The king then picked a place to sit down, doing his best to draw a circle by kneeling and spinning in place as he dragged the chalk against the tile floor.

He nodded, content as he settled down, allowing his tail to sway as he closed his eyes and began to chant.

---

Macaque looked around, thoroughly impressed.

The guards up front were fast asleep, though Macaque knew it wouldn't last with him and MK messing around.

The monkey smirked, "Alright, kid, you use your Gold Vision to find the glitch. I'll go grab some books, maybe a magazine or two."

He sauntered away before the hero could reply, immediately teleporting around the place frantically once he was out of the boy's line of sight.

Macaque stumbled, laughing with relief when he spotted a scroll on rituals and magical seals.

He grabbed it, unraveling it.

The warrior read over it, mumbling under his breath as he processed the words.

A new host.

He would require a new host to hold a greater amount of power in order to draw out the ring from Mei without causing the girl serious damage.

He pursed his lips, unsatisfied with the finding. Macaque place the scroll in a shadow, ignoring the obvious commotion of a fight as he uncovered more research.

---

Wukong hummed as he felt his warm magic seep into the restaurant's foundations, into it's walls.

It wove into every bit of the building, whispering of protection and strength before finally dimming.

The king exhaled softly, slouching over in exhaustion. He would need to carry out the suntra a few more times. It had drained a lot more magic than he'd anticipated.

Wukong layed his back against the floor, arching his back to find the best position against the tile floor. He turned his head, spotting a green figure on top of a white-and-red blob of color.

They sure seemed comfortable.

He suddenly heard magic snap, and sat up as the group strewn over the couch (?) began to stir.

Noise filled his ears as they yawned, straightening themselves.

"Wha-- IS THAT CHALK ON MY WALLS?!" Pigsy (?) huffed, groaning softly, "...Why was I on the coffee table..?"

Wukong slowly stood up, shyly clearing his throat, "Uh, I began the protection spell. I need to do a few more sessions, however."

The pig moved, "You! Should've known... Clean up the chalk." Tang (?) sat up from the couch, humming, "Uh, what happened? Why were we asleep?"

Wukong created a rag from his hair as he answered, "The city was cursed into sleeping. MK went to fix it, which he just did so he'll be here soon."

He hummed, struggling to wipe the thin white line of chalk.

The rag was taken from his hands by a blue figure, "Here, Mr.King! Let me help!" Wukong stared in surprise, "No, it's fine! I just have trouble seeing the chalk from the white wall. Uh, weird monkey color vision and stuff."

Sandy hummed, "Then the better the reason to help! At least, just with the white walls." Wukong smiled, beyond thankful.

Pigsy huffed, "So why is the kid alone?"

Because I am useless in this situation.

"Mac is with him. Besides, he was really adamant I begin placing a protection spell on your establishment." The king shrugged, ignoring the way the scholar seemed to be writing everything he said.

Anxiety crawled and settled down into him.

Wukong cleared his throat, hurriedly cleaning the colored walls as fast as he could before running out the door, "BYE, HAVE A NICE DAY I GOTTA GO!!" He flew away, barely paying attention to where he was going.

---

MK and Macaque walked into the shop, greeting the group inside.

Pigsy huffed, "Your mentor practically flew out of here, kid. It's as if he can't stand being anywhere near us." MK bristled, hearing the disguised hurt in his caretaker's voice.

"Oh, don't worry, Pigsy! He's just really shy."

Macaque nodded, backing up the young hero, "Can confirm! He isn't a fan of attention. Wukong doesn't mind being acknowledged, but he hates being shoved into the limelight is all."

Mei pouted, "Still, it's pretty weird how panicked he acted after Sandy tried to help him clean."

MK stiffened, "Oh. Yup, uh, he isn't very good at cleaning. Messy Monkey and all, ha!"

The group nodded, going back to talking about their dreams. Macaque hung back, pondering to himself.

He needed to find seals and spells if he was going to get a new host.