4- Training With A Secret

Wukong hummed, "First off, in order to get your powers under control we need to teach you some humility, confidence, and patience!"

MK groaned loudly, "But I want to learn how to fight and do all the cool stuff!" The king nodded solemnly. A white lie shouldn't hurt, right?

"Well, sure, we could do that. And if your limbs pop off of your body you can't blame me." He pretended to examine his fingernails, squinting at them. MK stuttered, "Wait-- What?! That can happen?!"

"Psh, MK, you nearly self-imploded until I placed that seal on your powers. Remember? The whole 'Red Son took over the Weather Station' thing?" He clumsily walked away from MK, ears lifting slightly as he heard the boy jog after him, "Fine, boring stuff first, then!"

Wukong's eyebrows rose in mock surprise, "Oh yeah, great idea, Bud!" The monkey closed his eyes, plucking out two hair strands and transforming them into pillows. That was easy, pillows felt like rounded squares and were soft. Fabric covered the plush covering inside, and they had many colors!

Two red splotches were in his hands as he set them down, motioning for MK to sit next to him, "We'll try meditating for now!"

--

MK felt the fabric wrapped around his eyes, confused, "So... Like a game? You make noise, and I try to catch you?"

The king yawned loudly, "Y-up!" He cautiously chirped, stepping away as MK's arm (?) lashed out where he'd been standing moments before. Wukong cackled as the yellow blur tried to catch him, "Missed! Nope!"

MK suddenly tripped, landing on his bottom, "Uuuuugh, this is impossible!"

Wukong shook his head, "No it's not, it gets easier with time." He knew that best, after all, he had to train for a while, too. The king's smile fell as sorrow took hold of him for a moment.

His successor had already yanked off the blindfold, holding it up to him, "You try finding me, and I act super sneaky! So, stealth training..?" The king clumsily grabbed the fabric, wrapping it around his eyes, "Fine, but blindfold training will be a thing."

Silence hovered over them.

Wukong strained his ears, breathing in deeply. A soft scent wafted into his nose, alerting him. It was the smell of sweat, dirt, and noodles after a long day rolled together. MK, his mind supplied.

He reached out as fast as he could, almost snatching a familiar jacket.

MK yelped, and Wukong heard the sound of his feet touching the ground. The king turned sharply, lunging at his successor. His arms wrapped around a body bigger than his, and he realized with a pained joy that he finally knew what MK might look like.

The brunette whined, "Aw, man! I didn't even do anything at first!"

"You smell like food, dirt, and sweat." The boy irked up, wriggling in his mentor's firm hold, causing the blindfold to slide off of his face and onto his shoulders and around his neck.

"You used smell..? Ew." Wukong let him go, dropping MK abruptly, "Aren't you gross? That's how you smell, Bud!" The brunette whined, "That was mean!"

Wukong huffed and rubbed his eyes. They were feeling dryer than usual.

He kept them firmly closed, "Okay, again!" He spun in place, ensuring he wouldn't know where MK was before re-tying the fabric around his eyes.

--

MK panted, "You keep winning...way...too fast..."

Wukong smirked, panting lightly as he laughed victoriously, "Get better at being stealthy, then!" He turned, following the smell of fruit as he reached up for a peach among the low-hanging branches, "Now, patience."