40|Engagement

Phaili thi siyaah ratien aaya tu
Aaya tu subah leke
Bewajah si zindagi mei,
Jeene ki wajah leke
Khoya tha samandaro me,
Tanha safeena mera
Sahilon pe aaya hai tu,
Jaane kis tarah leke
~~~

“ Looks like my brother's not going to have to resort to suicide. ”
Manik said hugging Nandini from the back.

“ I've taken a few pictures, let's go before they start having sex on our terrace. ”
Nandini said to him and he nodded. Both slowly came down.

“ Tum change karlo, mai mom dad ko phone kar ke aata hun. Barish bhi ho rahi hai, I think they should stay thier tonight. Barish badhne ke chances zyada hai. ”
Nandini nodded and went upstairs to change.

Meanwhile Manik called Raj and the first think her asked made Manik smile.

“ Tell me Arohi and Kabeer are getting married ! ”
Manik replied to him,

“ Yes they are ab aap suniye, barish bohot ho rahi hai. You and mom stay back, mai subah aunga, I'll drop you guys home uske baad I have meeting. ”

“ Achha waise kal pandit ji ko bula lijiye, dates bhi toh set karni hai. ”
Raj and Manik talked for a while and Nandini changed and came down.

“ Manik Kabeer and Arohi nahi hai upar! Have you seen them ? ”
Nandini asked serving dinner and he checked his phone to see that Kabeer had taken Arohi out, god knows where.

“ Yeah he has taken her out, probably for dinner. Anyways let's eat. I have a meeting tomorrow. ”
They ate Manik kept feeding Nandini a bite or two in the middle.

“ Mom se baat hi gayi ? ”
Nandini asked after putting the plates in the sink and coming to thier room.

He nodded and drew the curtains on the windows.

“ Manik I will be flying to Goa next week. Office ki remodelling ho gayi hai. Ek baar sab dekh kar aaungi. ”
He pulled her closer to himself and said,

“ I'll also come with you. ”
She was about to protest but Manik kept his lips on hers and soon enough the sleep was long gone from his mind and the only thought that clouded his head was Nandini.

~

“ Fuck I'm late, Nandini woh red wali jacket nikaldo. ”
Manik said and Nandini nodded quickly putting in Manik's shirt on herself and buttoning it.

“ I'll ask kriti aunty to make sandwiches for you. Bina khaye mat jana. ”
She told him keeping his jacket on the bed and he yelled an ‘ Ok ’ from inside the washroom.

Nandini looked for her clothes from last night and wore them before going down.

She saw Kabeer's car from the window and made a mental note to talk about it later and went straight to the kitchen.

“ Aunty aap cheese sandwiches bana dijiye, I'll make the juice. Manik ko jaldi nikalna hai. ”
She got to work and made the juice.