9: You Should Heal Pt. II

Just as the Los Angeles Police Department are setting up for a press conference outside of a precinct, Supreme has beat them to it

Just as the Los Angeles Police Department are setting up for a press conference outside of a precinct, Supreme has beat them to it. While waiting for Elite to walk out of the county jail, he already had news cameras recording his statement...

"The judge was right in making his decision to release my client on bail pending trial. Not only did he see she wasn't a flight risk, but he also saw that she isn't an immediate danger to the community," Supreme says confidently.

It's unseen for someone on trial for murder be released... Unless you're a cop.

Most judges would've denied her the opportunity at bail. But Supreme used his connections to the judge over this to pull strings. It's all about who you know.

Elite's bail was paid by the Braithwaite family like agreed to. It'd be a conflict of interest if his father, Rhys, a judge, did it. Surpreme doesn't make it a habit to put his name on his clients' bail. So, his mother signed off on the $50k amount.

Anything to keep the family secrets tucked away...

"We know you don't want to give away your strategy for trial, but... How do you plan to explain Elite Emerson being at the scene of the murder?" A reporter asks.

"That's easy. It was a known fact Shinobi Waters had a temper. His arrest record shows that. Everyone described the couple's relationship as clearly toxic. I was completely shocked at Elite's arrest as a family friend. Even more because it's clear this was self-defense."

People in the crowd immediately begin whispering. This was the first time that was claimed on Elite's end. This would also be considered admitting guilt to doing the crime, but having a 'valid' reason.

"How was it self-defense?"

"Through this trial and the evidence, it'll speak for itself. Shinobi and his new girlfriend, Sarahi, attacked my client that afternoon in that loft. Elite had no choice but to meet force with force. She merely was defending herself."

As soon as Detective Roland got word of Supreme speaking to press, he put their conference on pause. He took the short drive to the county jail, and stands among the gathered audience

"When the fuck did they decide to go the self-defense route?" Matthew asks the prosecutor who stands next to him.

"Emerson wants it to be known she was subject to being both physically and emotionally abused by Shinobi. She was forced to kill them in self-defense. She's sorry it came to that, but she is innocent. This wasn't the act of someone in a jealous, obsessive rage who premediated murder like the state claims. Everyone will see that in court."

Supreme waves his hand and steps away from the cameras to let them know that's all the questions he's taking.

He barely makes it five steps before Matthew is in his face. Supreme twists up his lips. "I'm tired of seeing your ugly mug. You still mad I got that bail?" he laughs in his face.