6: Spin Again

Elite sits in a private room assuming it's her new attorney, Supreme, coming to have a visit with her

Elite sits in a private room assuming it's her new attorney, Supreme, coming to have a visit with her. They have a lot to discuss now that this is proceeding forward.

She's not surprised that she's still behind bars despite a bond being set. The only person who would want her out is her brother. He doesn't have 10% of $500,000 laying around. They could put their grandmother's house up as collateral, but should they risk the one thing they outright own?

The door opens and to her surprise it's not Supreme. It's Detective Roland who wears a smirk. The crazy thing is, he's a very good looking Black man. In his forties, some grays are sprinkled in his goatee, caramel skin, 6'3", and fit. He's just a thorn in her side.

"Looks like we're going to trial."

"Looks like I have a lawyer now," she shoots back to remind him.

"I get it. I just wanted to extend one more opportunity to tell the truth before things are too far gone. Do you really want to put your freedom in the hands of 12 jurors, especially in Los Angeles?"

"I have nothing to say."

He looks down on her stuffing his hands in the pockets of his slacks. "What's that?" The detective points to a tattoo on Elite's throat. They're small letters. It's his first time noticing it.

"A tattoo," she answers the obvious.

"What is it? What does it mean?"

"It's Shinobi's initials." He squints being able to make out S.E.W. Elite moves her hair that's pushed behind her ear. It's to discreetly cover the other small tattooed symbol on her sideburn. It's Shinobi's name in Japanese Kanji. She's doesn't want him asking about that next.

"When did you get that?"

"After he died," she huffs in annoyance wishing he'd leave her alone. "It was apart of my mourning process. Plus, I thought I'd return a gesture he made to me."

"He had your name tattooed?" Matthew raises his eyebrows.

"My initials on his face," she says almost as if bragging.

"Interesting." The detective steps out of the room going to another one down the hall. He shakes his head approaching the prosecutor who's been watching this whole thing through a video feed... Illegally.

"Did you hear that? Imagine someone getting you tattooed knowing they murdered you," Matthew says in disbelief.

"She said he had her initials, right?"

"Yeah."

"I was looking at some autopsy pictures of Shinobi compared to ones from when he was alive. He had a couple face tattoos. There's one under his eye where he was shot. It's not listed on the body diagram–" she begins to explain.

"–because it was practically blown off from the gunshot. The coroner obviously didn't know about it."

"Exactly. I think that's the one she's talking about because the other side is a cross and it's documented."