You suddenly realized why Lucci seemed so familiar and how he knew you were in Marie Geoise.

Flashback

It was another day in this place you hated and had learned to call home. The government was in desperate need of an increase in power. They had taken some young prisoners with potential and trained them to fight for the government. You stood out because of one reason.

The ability to regenerate. Once you had defied the orders of a celestial dragon and they tried killing you when they realised that you couldn't die. Back then you were stronger or maybe it was just anger fueling you. After escaping with fisher tiger you experienced a kind of block.

It was a typical day, as typical as it could be in this place. You were being pulled along, being the stubborn four-year-old child you were, you refused to walk. When you arrived, one of the world elders was there along with a boy who appeared to be in his teenage years.

"Hello Y/n I have an offer for you to finally leave this place." The older man's words piqued your interest.

"Just go ahead and take the job with the government." 

You were fully aware that the government played a significant role in leading you to this current predicament, so what is stopping you from embracing this opportunity? While the offer may appear to be sensible, your strong sense of pride as an Amazon is what is hindering you from seizing it.

"Nope." You popped the 'p' at the end and then stuck your tongue out.

Back to the present

"Gum-gum giant axe!"

Luffy was demolishing a battleship in his attempt to reach Lucci.

"Ha ha. Did you see that Cutty Flam! It's all over for you guys! Or rather, it was over from the start."  Spandam was as arrogant as usual.

"It's a bit too early to say that when the fight isn't over yet." Franky rebutted.

"In fact it's reaching its peak soon." You included.

"The one who is fighting Straw hat Luffy is Lucci. You might have been able to get rid of the others but Lucci is a different story."

The warships began firing at the location where Luffy was fiercely battling. These guys truly had no humanity firing where their own comrades were.

"Straw hat was going on a rampage on that battleship just a bit ago, but now he's been blown to pieces. Serves you guys right." You were itching to beat up that cocky bastard but there were more pressing matters at hand.

"Oi oi oi... they fired at the ship while their own men were on it." Franky didn't believe that comrades would do that to one another.

"That's the navy for you,"  you said with a knowing nod.

"This is the power of a Buster call, the attack I set in motion! This is justice Cutty Flam, now hand Nico Robin to us and I'll make your criminal charges disappear. Are you saying you'd trust that dangerous woman who carries Ohara blood in her veins over the World Government that protects you ordinary people everyday?!"

"Protect us? What a joke!" You scoffed at the absurdity of his statement.

"If you disobey us, just like Tom, you'll end up dy...." Franky wasted no time and sent Spandam flying across with one strong one to the jaw. This had caught your attention and you wanted to know who this Tom guy was, you looked in but just a little.

I'm not going to let this jerk talk about Tom-san like that he was a wonderful person.

"My my face can't get more swollen." Spandam said picking himself off the ground.