54. Gold Hunting

You moved your hand around on the ground and felt for support before you got up. You slept with the mask on and walked to find Zoro and Usopp walking back from the direction with hushed loud voices. "I swear I  saw someone fixing the going merry." 
"You were probably seeing your own things there's no one there."
"It was probably a ghost or something."

"What's up guys?"
"Usopp thinks  there is a ghost messing around with the Merry"
"He is our sniper so I highly doubt that he was just seeing random things."
"Thanks for believing me." Usopp was now crying near you. 

"Well I'm going back to sleep guys." With that you went back to the ground and moved around until you were comfortable and fell asleep only to wake up a few hours later ready to start looking for gold.

You all got up and started heading straight for the ship to get it off the sacrificial altar. The Going Merry was fixed, the mast was well and back into place. Whoever fixed the ship knew exactly what it looked like before it probably wasn't someone from the sky because the wouldn't know the original structure. It was probably even a spirit we were just thankful that it was fixed by whoever Usopp saw. Everyone had their own ideas of who fixed the ship but we still needed to get it down. The ship was attached to the larger waver that Luffy and Sanji came with. They tried going down the stairs at high speed to make use of the momentum in order to move the ship down. That  failed.

They now had to use Chopper as bait so as to attach the ropes to the sky sharks and be able to use the fish's power. After a couple of screams from Chopper it had worked and the ship crashed into the water. The ship had been looking more and more run down with each passing day and it was worrying. It was clear it wouldn't be able to survive the harsh journey that the rest of the grandline had in store.

 We all gathered ready to break into groups after Nami's directions and plans for reuniting. You were to go with Luffy's group while Kuro and Shiro would go with Usopp's group. We were to meet at the Western shore at the end of the day with the gold.

You started walking inward to the island, Luffy had gotten himself a stick and was waving it around. Luffy and Zoro were absolutely horrible with directions and the rest noticed this immediately. You planned to stay closer to Robin during the journey to mostly learn from whatever she knew or would soon come to discover. "We're going to the right eye so we go right!" This was Zoro's argument for whichever side he was going. Robin turned to talk to a perplexed Chopper, "We'll go South tell them it's this way." Robin started to walk and you followed. The rest soon started following. "Ah Luffy you have such a cool stick."
"Ha ha ha Right! You can't have it look for your own."

You looked behind and there were some blue stripes in the distance and it definitely looked like they were moving. The best thing was to ignore it for now and keep on moving if it didn't try to attack it wouldn't bother you and you wouldn't bother it. Chopper however did not look so good perspiration was rather evident on his face despite him being covered with fur. "Chopper are you okay." You asked and turned to the reindeer.
"Yeah yeah I'm ... fine." Chopper dismissed anything being wrong. He probably didn't want to seem like a burden to the group full of heavy hitters. The group was made up of you, Luffy, Zoro, Robin and Chopper. He most likely wanted to act tough.

"Those  weird vines look like they're moving." Luffy spoke out. It was like relief washed over Chopper in that moment. "YEAH I had seen them a while ago and I found it odd."
"If you noticed it earlier why didn't you say anything?" You looked at Chopper but for him it was just your usual mask looking back. If you could you would make sure he answered that question but there was no time for that the snake quickly started coming for your group.

It was huge and it was coming fast you all started running away except for Zoro who was ready to fight it. You jumped up to one of the branches ready to see how the fight would go. He waited for the snake to come and went head first with his swords that did nothing the skin was too tough. The snake then spat out some acid substance that dissolved the tree in a matter of seconds. Seeing as there was no way to fight it the only option left was to escape with our lives. We began to run away. Every man for themselves. You had all been separated and were running in different directions. There was a lot of crashing and destruction going on once the dust cleared you looked around and there was no one there you were absolutely alone.