Chapter 4 - Awakening

Start from the beginning

I felt Kiri's eyes land on me. she placed a hand on my shoulder reassuringly before listening back in on the conversation.

“everything will be alright” my father whispered lightly as he crawled his way over to the otherside of my sister, wrapped my mother up in his arms. I saw her shaking. She was crying.

“I worry for her jake” my mother sobbed “She is only 17 and she lays here unconscious. Flying seems to be the only thing that makes her happy. What if she is too scared to hop back on iggy?”

“do you know our daughter?” our father chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. He hated seeing our mother so upset. “…she is brave. She is much like grace…and much like you. And we will comfort her and help her as much as we can through this physically painful time in her life." He grabbed mother's hands as he looked down at their daughter. "Through everything going on with her.”

“And what about her connection." Mother questioned. Her voice was broken and raspy. I hated hearing her like this. "She can not connect with the great mother…what if it affects her?” she asked in a hushed tone, scared that someone who was not ment to be listening would hear her. I felt a little bad for listening in, knowing this conversation was to be private.

“It already is” my father whispered back. “she secludes herself from us. I mean look at just earlier. How much did she say on our partol?” I could see the worry and uncertainty on my fathers face. “She can not be fixed my love…she doesn’t need to be fixed. She needs to be shown that even with this complication, she is our little girl. My fear is that she thinks we see her differently from her siblings” My father grabbed my mothers face, cupping her cheeks in his hands, stroking her cheekbone. She let out a hum, letting her head drop in the rest of her mates hands.

“I just wish she could see just how much she means to us.”
I had heard enough. I had known my mother to be a brave and fierce woman. Seeing her so sad made me almost want to cry. I too made a promise that night.

I would try my best to prove to my sister that we cared for her…even if it was the last thing I did.

×××

Seze’s pov:

I felt the wind on my face. Almost as though I were flying on iggy. I could smell the ocean air. I could feel the rough texture of an Ikran below me.

I let my eyes open slowely, lifting my arm up to rub them, feeling nothing but pain as I did so. My head was pounding and the sudden realisation of where I was knocked all of the tiredness I felt out of my head. I sat up straighter and turned around on the light blue Ikran.

“Seze!…dad! She is awake.” I looked behind me and saw Neteyam. I tried to move away from the boy to give him some space but pulled him along with me. We were strapped together so I wouldn’t be able to fall off while flying over...The god damn ocean!

Where the hell where we? I asked myself.

I looked forward again and noticed my whole family. All of our belongings strapped to the Ikran. Our father, who was headed for us was carrying the most of it.

“Seze, thank god you're ok.”

“that’s debatable” I mumbled, looking over the side of Neteyams Ikran and down to the ocean bellow us. The sun was just starting to rise, and behind us were lots of dark clouds. Now that I thought of it, we were all drenched.

“I know, I know. How about we land and give you a bit of a check up?” My father turned to the rest of the family and let out a few calls, signalling for the small rock island not too far away from us.

Neteyam wrapped his arm around my stomach to keep me stable while he banked his Ikran down to the rocks.

“Seze” my mother called out once we had landed, placing tuk on the ground and running over, helping Neteyam get me off of his Ikran. She embraced me in a very tight and painful hug. Kiri rushed over not long after once she had landed and gave me a hug too, not letting go for what felt like minutes.

“let us give you a look.” My father called out, walking over too, kiri let go, but quickly grabbed me once again once I started to lose my balance.

“you haven't stood up in a few days and will still be very weak and sore from your fall” Kiri quickly pointed out.

“shit” I mumbled. “the fall…where is iggy. Is he o-“ I heard a cry as a 6th Ikran landed down next to us all, basically jumping towards us. My father walked over and placed a hand on my back.

“we didn’t even have to bring him with us. He followed us himself.” He whispered.

"And everyone is safe?" I asked looking around to each of my family members.

"All except spider. He was taken" Kiri explained, rubbing my back.

My family were ok. And Iggy looked to be more than ok. He cried out and jumped up and down a few more times.

"Calm, Iggy." I whispered as my sister guided me towards him.

×××

AO'NUNG WILL FINALLY BE BROUGHT INTO THE STORY IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. SORRY IT TOOK A WHILE TO UPDATE.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU LIKE THE STORY SO FAR. (NOT THAT MUCH HAS HAPPENED)

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT :)