"What house are your brothers in?" asked Harry.

"Gryffindor," said Ron.

Gloom seemed to be settling on him again.

"Mom and Dad were in it, too. I don't know what they'll say if I'm not. I don't suppose Ravenclaw would be too bad, but imagine if they put me in Slytherin." he continued.

"That's the house Vol-, I mean, You-Know-Who was in?" asked Harry.

"Yeah," said Ron.

He flopped back into his seat, looking depressed.

"You know, I think the ends of Scabbers' whiskers are a bit lighter," said Harry, clearly trying to take Ron's mind off houses.

"So what do your oldest brothers do now that they've left, anyway?" he added.

"Charlie's in Romania studying dragons and Bill's in Africa doing something for Gringotts," said Ron.

"Did either of you hear about Gringotts? It's been all over the Daily Prophet, but I don't suppose you get that with the Muggles, someone tried to rob a high-security vault," he said suddenly interested in the conversation again.

Both I and Harry were shocked.

"Really? What happened to them?" Harry said, breaking out of the quiet spell we'd fallen into quicker than I did.

"Nothing, that's why it's such big news.
They haven't been caught.
My dad says it must've been a powerful Dark wizard to get around Gringotts, but they don't think they took anything, that's what's odd.
Course, everyone gets scared when something like this happens in case You-Know-Who's behind it." said Ron.

"So it's possible to steal from Gringotts??" I say in shock.

"Apparently," said Ron.

Harry was beginning to look scared.

I on the other hand was confused.

"Didn't you say You-Know-Who was dead?" I say.

"Well, yes, but with the kind of dark magic he used, no one can ever be too sure," responded Ron.

Now was as good a time as any to ask Harry about the conversation...

I turn to him about to speak but was once agin interrupted.

"What's your Quidditch team?" Ron asked.

I sigh, "The Montrose Magpies. I've read loads about their victories they seem good."(Not to mention that Magpies are le author's patronus :))

"Er, I don't know any," Harry added.

"What!" Ron looked dumbfounded.

"Oh, you wait, it's the best game in the world."

With that he was off, explaining all about the four balls and the positions of the seven players, describing famous games he'd been with his brothers and the broomstick he'd like to get if he had the money.

I helped explain the rules based on what I learned from the books but I mostly just listened seeing as I was bad at that.

He was just taking Harry through the finer points of the game when the compartment door slid open yet again, but it wasn't Neville, the toadless boy, or Hermione Granger this time.

Three boys entered, and I recognized the middle one at once, it was Malfoy.

He was looking at Harry with a lot more interest than he'd shown back in Diagon Alley.

"Is it true?" he said.

"They're saying all down the train that Harry Potter's in this compartment. So it's you, is it?" he added.

"Yes," said Harry.

He was looking at the other boys.

Both of them were thick-set and looked extremely mean.

Standing on either side of Malfoy, they looked like bodyguards.

"Oh, this is Crabbe and this is Goyle," said Malfoy carelessly, noticing where Harry was looking.

"And my name's Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." He said smiling proudly.

Ron gave a slight cough, which might have been hiding a snigger.

Malfoy looked at him.

"Think my name's funny, do you?
No need to ask who you are.
My father told me all the Weasleys have red hair, freckles, and more children than they can afford." he said sneering.

He turned back to Harry.

"You'll soon find out some wizarding families are much better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." he said.

He returned back to his casual racism.

He held out his hand to shake Harry's, but Harry didn't take it.

By now I'd given up. I'd resigned to being ignored. I suppose if someone extremely important sat right across you then you would be practically invisible...

"I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks," he said coolly

I felt bad for Malfoy but couldn't help but feel like laughing. He deserved it.

Maybe in a few years, he'd grow to learn why he deserved it but it was still sad the way he was disregarded.

Malfoy didn't go red, but a pink tinge appeared on his pale cheeks.

"I'd be careful if I were you, Potter," he said slowly.

"Unless you're a bit politer you'll go the same way as your parents.
They didn't know what was good for them, either.
You hang around with riffraff like the Weasleys and that Hagrid and it'll rub off on you." he said.

Both Harry and Ron stood up.

"Say that again," Ron said, his face as red as his hair.

"Oh, you're going to fight us, are you?" Malfoy sneered.

This is when I stood up.

Author's note:
One last chapter and then we get to the sorting hat!!!!

Word count: 1337

~Author <333