Lily x Reader: Beautiful Stranger

This is just short fluff, for the soul. Dedicated to the beautiful strangers that take up a fraction of your lives

You always hated the train. Dirty, grimy, home to the homeless. The screeching of the tracks, the noise pollution of inconsiderate assholes, you dreaded it all. So you avoided the train. As much as you could.

You grew up in a family who frequented the train, your financial status not great enough to afford a car, so long trips turned to a long ride of misery, the stench of musty carriages blocking any attempt to enjoy the ride, and beginning your disdain for trains

Even now, as an adult, you didn't like the train. You endured an odd ride here or there, your friends regularly frustrated at having to ferry you around. But it was always a relief when the journey was finally over, and you could breathe a sign of relief, leaving the train behind you

Today was one of those odd rides. Yujin had an important meeting to attend, and Wonyoung had to cover an emergency shift, so here you were, standing on the train to avoid the seat that was inexplicably wet, your walk in already hampered by leftover gum on the ground. God you hated trains. Then you saw her. Her hair lightly disheveled, a bundle of newspapers in her hand. The beautiful stranger was just sitting right there, looked up at me and my dark curly hair. Looked up for a second, didn't want to be rude, but you felt an urge to look back. Beautiful stranger sitting right there, reading the newspaper, stuck to her chair, You swore that she smiled, then you felt your heart drop.
'Now at: Ladbroke grove."

The announcer on the train pulled you out of your daze, your hands grabbing your bags as you weaved out of the closing door, turning around to catch one last glimpse at the beautiful stranger. There was just something magnetic about her, your gaze remained glued to her.
Too bad this was the last time you would see her. Your presence on a train was rare enough, let alone one with her on it. But something curious occured. The train ride didn't seem like a drag this time. The stench didn't get to you, the noise didn't even disturb you. All because of her. Your beautiful stranger. A little part of you regretted getting up.
What if you hadn't left the train at Ladbroke grove?
Dared to stand up and ask for her name?
Maybe you could have exchanged a few words. A fairy tale moment could have occured, but your beautiful stranger, will have to remain, a stranger until you see her again. If you saw her again.

Yujin was surprised. She felt guilty making you go out on your own, considering her rent was much lower than it was supposed to be, an offer you had made her for her to help ferry you around when she could. So she offered you the next ride, but you declined. You'd volunteered to take the train. Yujin was curious to what had spurred on this change in her roommate, but she wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Getting on the train wasn't as much of a chore anymore. This was your third day of taking the train. Coincidentally, a week since you saw your beautiful stranger. Maybe this was a good sign. Third times the charm, right? Turns out, yeh. Walking into the train, you collided into a familiar figure. Your beautiful stranger was there again, you could hear a distinct Australian accent as she hurriedly apologised, dusting you off as she grabbed your scattered things, handing them back to you. You could barely hide your blush after the encounter. It must have been fate that you collided, right then, back there. Maybe she felt the same way as you. Just an innocent crush on the morning commute. That's all this was, right?

Once again, your eyes felt glued to your beautiful stranger. She had swapped out the newspaper for a music sheet, her melodious humming turned singing filling the cabin. Great, as if she wasn't already perfect. Shutting your eyes for a moment, you began to appreciate the music, a smile flashing across your face as you unknowingly began humming along with her. A glance would have afforded you the knowledge that your beautiful stranger had since laid her gaze upon you now, her smile now bigger as she saw someone who enjoyed her singing. When you did eventually open your eyes, you caught your beautiful stranger's gaze, locking eyes with her. Averting your gaze from the intense eye contact, you blushed as you could still feel her gaze on you. The ride continued, with you and your beautiful stranger stealing glances, till eventually,

'Now at: Ladbroke grove."

With a sigh, you took your bag, stealing one last glance at the beautiful stranger as she had redirected her attention to the music sheets in her hands. As you walked to the gate, you faltered in your step. Were you really going to leave, when you were miraculously able to see your beautiful stranger again? Let this love be one that came and left with the train? No. You didn't think so. Turning back, you mustered all the courage you could, walking up to the beautiful stranger

"Is this seat available?" You gently prodded, ignoring the furious thumping of your heart.
Your beautiful stranger looked up in slight shock, staring at you wordlessly for a short while. The two of you stayed that way as you cursed yourself for making things awkward.
"Oh, yes, of course, please, sit." She rambled, her australian accent detailing her speech as you giggled slightly at her small movements.
"Isn't Ladbroke Grove your stop? You left there last week, I was so disappointed." She asked, before quickly realising what she had said.
"Disappointed you say? Also, you were watching me? Stalker much?" You playfully jabbed as a horrified look crossed her face.
"No No, I was just...erm..." She rambled on, unable to find an answer as she couldn't formulate an answer, or an excuse.
"Don't worry, I found it cute." You reassured her, as she looked back to you, a light tint of red adorning her face.
"So, my beautiful stranger, your name please?" You dramatically bowed as she laughed at your theatrics
"Lily." She said, as her hands fidgeted
"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl." You said, finding it fun to see Lily blush
"What a sweet talker...So, what's your name?" Lily asked
"How about, your lover?"