Minji x Reader: The Chance

TW!Abuse

You were sitting on the couch at the dorm with your sister, Haerin as the two of you watched "Brooklyn 99" on Netflix.
"Y/N!" You jumped in your seat a little, Haerin looking at you in confusion over your reaction.
"Coming Minji!" You shouted back, a slight shake in your voice as Haerin's eyebrow furrowed. Was that fear she heard, lingering on your tone?
Shooting Haerin an apologetic smile, you grabbed the remote, pausing the episode before running to the room.
"Hey Minji, Wha-" You could barely finish your sentence before your hand bolted up to your face, catching your phone mid air
"Nice reflexes Cheater." Minji said mockingly, as you were still stuck in shock. What the fuck just happened?
"What are you talking about Min?" You quickly spoke up, as Minji scoffed at your reaction, rolling her eyes.
"You know what I mean cheater. I read your texts with Eunchae." She said, an icy tone on her voice as you sighed.
You moved to Minji's side, gently trying to grab her hand, but she kept pulling her hand away.
You hung your head in defeat, sadly this was a Minji you had grown accustomed to.
"Minji-ah, please, Eunchae and I are just friends. Please trust me." You lightly tugged at her sleeve, as her eyes slowly turned to you, softening a little.
"I just don't like it..." She slowly muttered, as she pulled you towards her, holding you close.

Truth is, Minji was always like this. When you met Minji, she was broken, fresh off a relationship one would be unlikely to categorise as healthy. The wounds of her old relationship always caused Minji to be more, needy, you would say. Her last partner would never text first, Minji would always have to put in the effort. So now, she dislikes texting first, saying that if you loved her, you'd text first. Her last partner cheated on her, so now she insisted on having your phone's password, checking your chats and socials. You always saw it as a sort of defence mechanism, Minji's heart was broken, so she made herself less attached to a romantic relationship. That, coupled with her always using her past relationships as an excuse, made it such that you were always on the back foot, always apologising. She could have not texted you for a day, or left you on read for hours, but the moment you guys argued, she'd hit you with a "I guess you don't love me anymore, let's just break up",  or talk about how hard things were for her because of her old relationship, and that alone made you just break down, wanting at all cost to repair the relationship. After all, you loved Minji, and she'd get better. Right?

"I'm heading out now Minji!" You shouted out, grabbing your bag and heading to the door to see an unhappy Minji, leaning on the door frame.
"Where are you going?" She questioned, looking you up and down
"To Le Sserafim's dorm? I thought I told you about this awhile ago, Eunchae asked me to grab dinner with her and her Unnies. What's wrong?" You nervously gripped the handle of your bag, looking at her as she scoffed.
"Eunchae again. Whatever." She narrowed her eyes, glaring at you before walking away, slamming her room door behind her, the lock clicking moments later.
Your shoulders dropped, not sure what to do at the moment, eyes switching between the door, and Minji's room. With a sigh, you slowly opened the door, heading towards Le Sserafim's dorm. You had rescheduled this dinner 8 times because of Minji already, you just wanted to spend some time with the Le Sserafim Unnies.

Later, near midnight, You slowly opened the door to the NewJeans dorm, careful not to cause any loud creaking sounds and disturb anyone. As you walked through the dark living room, a light suddenly popped on, Minji sitting on the couch with her legs crossed, face stormy as she stared at you. This is gonna be fun...
"How was dinner with Eunchae? You must have really enjoyed it considering you're coming home so late huh?" She said mockingly, getting up from her seat and inching towards you menacingly.
"Please Minji...Like I told you, I was having dinner with the Le Sserafim Unnies. You can ask Yunjin-Unnie, I just went there, had dinner and talked. We just lost track of time." You tried to explain, as you slowly backed away from her, her figure only illuminated by the light at her back made her look terrifying.
"Don't lie to me." She growled through gritted teeth, as you continued backing up, finally colliding with the door.
"Why are you even back here anyways? Just go stay the night with your beloved Eunchae!" You tried to lift your bag up, as if that was going to stop Minji from coming uncomfortably close.
Seeing your actions, she scoffed, hitting your bag away and to the ground, grabbing you by the hair and pulling you toward her
"You love Eunchae more than me right? Just go find her then!" She roughly dragged you to the ground, shoving you to the ground as you landed harshly, head crashing into the door, tears slowly trickling from your face. 
Seeing your tears cascade down your face, Minji seemingly snapped to her senses, moving towards you, a look of guilt flashing across her face as she saw you flinch at her movement.
"Get away!" You heard a yell from the rooms, the two of you turning to see the other 4 NewJeans members looking on in horror, three of them looking in shock at Haerin. They had never heard Haerin so loud before, or seen such rage in her before. Haerin stormed at Minji, getting right up into Minji's face, who shrunk in Haerin's presence, guilty at what she had just done to you.
"Touch her again, harm her again, and I promise you, I will make sure you see the inside of a jail cell." Haerin's expression softened as she turned to you, quickly helping you up as the two of you left the dorm.
"How could you?" Danielle could barely whisper, a look of anger painted on her face as she looked at Minji, disappointment evident.

"Are you okay?" Haerin asked, applying ointment on your forehead as you sat there, still stunned.
How could she do this to you? You knew Minji was always a Jealous person, that just showed that she cared for you, albeit too much, you always thought. But to go this far? To harm you? Was this really the girl you fell in love with?
You were exhausted, physically and mentally, as you lightly tapped Haerin on the shoulder, leaning on her shoulder.

You took a deep breath as you slowly opened the door, locking eyes with the distraught girl sitting at the table
"Y/N" She could barely croak out, as you clenched your fist
"Minji" You could only monotonously reply, knowing a hint of emotion would break you
Minji nervously fidgeted in her seat as you took yours, her hands fiddling with an imaginary toy, slowly mustering the courage to look you in the eye
"Are you okay?" Minji asked, as you scoffed at the question
"What do you think?" You spat, a hint of venom, Minji flinching at the harsh tone
"What did you call me over for anyways?" You rolled your eyes in annoyance, Minji still stunned in her seat. She had never seen you this angry before.
"I wanted to apologise, Y/N. I'm sorry for being so Jealous, I know you and Eunchae are just friends, but it's just, with my past re-"
"Enough!" You slammed the table in frustration.
"Enough with your past relationships! Why is it that I have to shoulder the sins of your exes! Why is it that everything that happens is my fault! Why am I apologising for things I didn't do! Why!" You screamed, tears falling uncontrollably from your face, your pent up anger and frustration overflowing and exploding, before you fell to your seat.
As you sobbed into your hands, you felt a gentle hand on your shoulder, looking up to see Minji on one knee, in front of your chair as she looked both sad and guilty.
"I'm sorry my love. Could we take a break?" Minji muttered, as you slowly calmed down, while still confused at what she meant
"I know I'm flawed, Y/N, and I know that I haven't been the best Girlfriend to you. As much as I want to be with you forever, I don't want to be with you if it means I'm going to harm you. I promise that I'll grow and learn from what I've done wrong so far, be a good girlfriend to you. Will you wait for me?" Minji asked, tears streaming down her face, a sincere and genuine look on her face.
Looking at Minji now, you saw her again. Not the jealous, bitter, angry person you were in a relationship with all this time, but the Minji you fell in love with, the kind and gentle soul.
You slowly nodded, as Minji smiled in response
"How will I know when you're ready?" You whispered
"You'll know, my love." Minji lightly caressed your face, before walking from the room, sad but hopeful

A year later

You stretched as you slowly walked towards your door, planning to go to the supermarket, but as you walked out of your door, you noticed something at your shoerack. A white dahlia, your favourite, with a small ribbon tied on it's stem.
Picking it up, you smiled, looking around before you spotted her, her face semi-obscured by a tree as she looked at you.
Walking over to the tree, the two of you looked at each other, the silence doing all the talking as you both smiled.

"Hello, my love."