First Years: Blood of my Blood

Start from the beginning

"You're on." Jisoo smirked. "I'm pretty good though, so don't get your feelings hurt when a twelve year old beats you."

Ron laughed hard. He was a grandmaster after all so her sass was laughable to him.

"You must not follow chess." He said as he set the board up, shifting it once he was done. "Don't worry though, I'll take it easy on you. I'll even give you white, so you can make the first move."

Jisoo rolled her eyes and swapped the chessboard again so she could be black.

"I don't take handouts." She said snarkily, smirking, and it only made Ron laugh harder.

Jisoo watched him make his first move. She was about to continue the game, but she thought better of it. She got a better idea.

"Can you give house points, considering you're the headmistress' husband and all?"

"I can't, only she can." Ron replied.

"Damn it." Jisoo said under her breath. Ron smirked, hearing her curse. He found it funny.

"How much influence do you have on Professor Granger then?" Jisoo continued.

"Not much. Headstrong that one. That's why I married her."

Jisoo huffed in annoyance. "Wizards." Jisoo rolled her eyes, making her first move, giving up on her plan. She should have known he couldn't convince Hermione to do anything.

She started setting her trap on him, using her knight as a pawn.

She watched as Ron shook his head at her choice of move.

Jisoo smirked, witches were much smarter in her opinion. It made sense to her, considering Ron couldn't convince his wife to take a bet and she could tell he was already falling into her trap while he studied the board.

"Why do you ask?"

"I just thought we'd make a wager." Jisoo said as Ron made his move. The move she expected him to make.

"What kind of wager?"

"I was going to ask you that if I win this game, you give me as many house points to tie our house with Slytherin. I'll be fair and not completely over take them, just to give them a chance to think they might actually beat us." Jisoo smirked. "If I lose to you, you can take away just as many."

Ron leaned back, crossing his arms and appraising her. "Deal."

"I thought you said you couldn't convince her."

"Not her. But my sister, I could. She's all for anything that might embarrass me, so even when I win, she'll be delighted I actually made a bet with an eleven year old when I couldn't pay up personally. I doubt she'll take away your points when I win anyway so there's no risk for you."

"I'm twelve now." Jisoo pointed out. "Told you earlier remember?"

"Right. Okay, because I made a bet with a twelve year old then. She still won't find it any less funny."

Rosie sat next to Jisoo, noticing they were about to play. Rosie had been giving Jennie her space, noticing the guilt on her face anytime she was close so she figured she should just let her process the fact it wasn't her fault she almost stabbed her.

"Can I watch?"

"Of course Rosie Posie." Ron said.

"Good luck." Rosie told Jisoo, smiling brightly at her.

"I don't need it." Jisoo said, smirking at her and Rosie giggled at her usual confidence, she loved that about Jisoo.

"Hey, you're not wishing me luck?" Ron asked his granddaughter, looking offended.