First Years: Lineage

A/N Its going be a double so if this ends a little abruptly its because I made the chapter way too long and needed to split it. Second chapter coming in five!

_________________

"We can just run away together already."

"My family will find us. They'll stop at nothing. You need to hide." Leto answered her girlfriend.

"Come with me." Her pregnant girlfriend pleaded.

"I can't." Leto said, her voice choking up.

"Why not?"

"I—I can't because—because I'm getting married." Leto stuttered out, looking at the ground in shame, not wanting to see the look of pain in her face.

"You're what?"

Leto could hear the hurt in her girlfriend's voice and it broke her heart almost as bad as how she probably looked right now, but Leto refused to look up. She refused to see the pain in her face as she answered her question.

"The prophecy. I have to. If they knew, if they found out about us they'll kill you and your baby. I have to listen to my family. They're purebloods, they'd never accept me not marrying anyone but him and if I went away with you it would just confirm their suspicions about that damn prophecy. You have to run, and I have to stay with him. Please. It's the only way to save you both."

"We don't even know if the prophecy is about my child with James. Besides, even he doesn't know about her, no one does, only you. You're the only one that knows who her true father is."

"A child born of the last chosen one's lineage! The child that can help turn the tide against the dark lord's daughter? The child that will be part of the second coming of chosen ones of the wizarding world. That's literally what the prophecy said!

Who else could it be but the girl you're carrying now?! They'll find out and come for her. They'll come for you! I couldn't stand it if you died. I can stand being apart from you and marry him as long as you're safe."

"You don't know James love. He's sweet, but he would never commit to anyone. He values his freedom too much. We only lasted a month before we both decided to go our separate ways. I knew we'd never last.

You know this! I met you right after that. He will never settle down. It's why I didn't even tell him I was pregnant with his kid when I finally found out because I know he'd do something silly like try to marry me even though he wouldn't really want to.

You really think a man like that might not have other children he doesn't know about? We talked about all of the one night stands he tended to have during his adventures, we talked about his many girlfriends.

I know he treated them all well even though they broke up, so who knows, maybe they made the same decision like me to not tell him either because despite knowing he'd be a good father, it might end up destroying him.

I'm sure they didn't want that for him either, like I didn't, because he really is a great man. He's just a little reckless and he can't sit still to save his life. He'd be miserable. He'd be a shell of himself. I'm sure we've all kept it a secret that he has children. It might not even be my baby in that prophecy. It could be someone elses."

"He should still take responsibility for her. You should have told him."

"I planned to, eventually. He deserved to know he had a child. I was going to tell him once she was born and we were settled so he didn't feel the need to try and marry me.