"Trina? I knew that something-" he's cut by an angry Joshua with furrowed brows.

"What are you here for?"

"I mean, I didn't wanna go alone so..." He keeps staring between me and Joshua.

"Let's go then." Joshua tells him as they walk to the living room.

"I knew that something happened between you two." I hear Steve tell Joshua from the living room.

Joshua sighs, "there's nothing between us man."

"I know you Joshua and why are you nervous?"

Nervous? Why is he nervous? I can't even think of anything that can make him nervous.

"I'm not, can you keep your voice low?"

I decide to mind my business and not listen to their conversation. I don't want to discover anything that I'm not ready to accept.

I eat my breakfast slowly, enjoying each bite.

"I've called Gina and Giana to come here so that you'll have company while I'm away. Steve and I have something to attend to." Joshua speaks.

"Can I come along?" I request, batting my lashes at him.

"No." He replies calmly.

"Why, I don't want to stay here."

"You'll be bored because there's nothing for you to do."

"Why would I be bored when you're with me?"

Oh no. I didn't want to say that loudly. I look away from him and clear my throat.

He takes three steps towards me and takes my hand into his.

"I'll take you anywhere you want after I return, or we can go out to have lunch together, just you and I. Promise." He kisses the back of my hand and again my heart starts racing rapidly.

I nod and smile. I watch him and Steve depart. I don't know why I feel as if there's something that he's not telling me.

Melissa's POV:

"This is not a place for you to be flirting with my friend Melissa Becker." Adrian states in his serious tone.

"There's no need for you to be angry at me or Frank. Besides that's not how people flirt."

Last time I spoke to Frank was the previous day when Adrian found us. We were just talking like normal people do.

"I wish I could trust you." He remarks.

I let out a small chuckle and start to head for the door. I have a lot of work right now but all because of Adrian and his jealousy, I've done none.

Before I could even touch the doorknob, the door opens as Frank and Kimberly walks in.

I have no problem with Frank but for Kim, she always irritates me.

According to her, she's been Adrian's friend since college. She was the only girl in a group of four boys -Adrian, Marcus, Frank and Joel.-

She gives me one of her fake smiles while walking to Adrian's desk. I look over at Frank who's already staring at me.

"Hey." I say to him.

"How is the most beautiful woman today?" He smiles.

Returning his smile I say, "good. How are you?"

"I'm not really fine but would you like to have lunch with us?"

I check the time on my wrist watch, I didn't even realize that it's lunch time already. I look at my boss who's already staring at me, "no." he replies on my behalf I guess.