13

Despite having spent about half a year in your new workplace, you still weren't acquainted with most of your colleagues. Yes, you greeted them and they greeted back (a huge accomplishment) but that was about it. At most, you only knew their names.

But at least you were well acquainted with Byakuya and Yuuichi. They were a treat to be around and talking to them always put you in a good mood.

They would tell you about their families, their friends and their childhood. You also shared some stories of Xeno and Stanley, but most of the time, you usually chattered on about [Sister Name]. They weren't aware of what happened to her and neither did you want them to know. You didn't want to relive the entire horror.

Yuuichi-san was apparently still single, and so was Byakuya-san. But the latter actually adopted Senku, who was the son of his close friend that passed away. So as a good friend, Byakuya raised the little kid all by himself, saying that Senku was his top priority and he never thought about dating and all that. He said he might start looking once Senku is old enough.

But despite how much of a loving father Byakuya was, there were moments when you wondered who let this man have legal guardianship of a child.

Because the scene in front of you right now was another reason why you would never trust him with a child.

Senku, who was about 6 years old, was told by his adopted father to meet him at his college. And he didn't even go to pick him up, himself!! And the worse part was, after inviting Senku over at the college, Byakuya himself, was missing.

Someone from the faculty said that he said he was going to get some research documents from an acquaintance but what you're horrified about is the fact he left despite knowing that Senku would be arriving soon.

Or maybe he forgot.

You wouldn't be surprised if he did.

Oh well, as of right now, all the teachers watched as the kid tried to ask if they had seen his father because, "That old man asked me to come here and he's missing himself. Wow, isn't he just amazing?"

Okay, the kid's personality was such a stark contrast from Byakuya-san's all sunshines and rainbows personality. It was like Byakuya-san, in dark mode.

No, wait... now that you think about it... This kid is eerily similar to Xeno.

After asking around for his father, the kid sat down at Byakuya-san's desk. And you couldn't even ask Yuuichi-san for help because he's at class right now. A few female teachers got up and tried to talk to Senku, offer him some candy or ask him if he wanted to play on their phones but they were only met with an extremely bored look that you almost burst out laughing.

Yeah... He's definitely a mini Xeno

You peered over the desk dividers to see what the kid was doing and... Okay, you're getting worried now. Is Xeno dead? Did he somehow come back as a ghost and possessed this child?!

He's even reading a book on the same thing that Xeno was hyperfixated on as a child; space rockets.

The kid was reading something that seemed a little too advanced for his age, but given how smart Xeno at his age was too, you're not surprised, "Fundamentals of Astrodynamics by Roger R. Bate, Jerry White and Donald D. Mueller, huh?" He gave you a side glance, but you could see the slight interest in his eyes. Perhaps he picked up the clear way you pronounced the title and name of the author.

He didn't say anything in return, but you could feel a small grin forming on your lips, "You have the second edition?" He turned to you completely.

Hook, line and sinker.