7

"Good morning everyone!"

That was the first thing you said as you walked in the classroom. Seeing the small number of students, you couldn't help but take a deep breath. Some of them looked just a few years younger than you, but then again. You and both your friends did skip a large number of grades throughout your academic life, so you were definitely younger than most people with your degree.

A few of them murmured back a good morning of their own, while some just kept their gaze fixed on you as you walked towards the podium. As you placed your files on the wooden surface, you turned your body to face the class.

Taking in a first look, you weren't too sure of what to think of them. Half of them looked close to falling asleep, but you figured that it was because it was a morning class of the very first day. Not letting yourself become too prejudiced towards the class, you shot them a sweet smile and turned towards the black board.

Picking up a white chalk from the chalk holder, you wrote down your name in clear, big letters.

"My name is [Last Name][Name]." You spoke up and finished writing your name. With that, you turned around to face the students and kept a professional smile on your face, "I have a Ph. D. in Toxicology and I grew up in America. I also received all of my education from there as well."

The students seemed a bit shocked when you informed them of your Ph. D. which wasn't that much of a surprise to you. People were always surprised whenever you told them that you already had a doctorate. Maybe because you looked too young.

With a small smile, you looked down at your files, before returning your gaze to the class. Placing both your hands on the podium, you began.

"As of current, I will be focused on teaching you all. If there are any problems that you may encounter even after college hours, feel free to contact me through email. If it is urgent, don't hesitate to personally address me."

A few students that seemed close to falling asleep finally woke up and sat up straight.

"I will be completely honest. I have a few things that I expect from any class that I teach. The most basic is punctuality. I would most definitely prefer if you all are punctual in terms of deadlines that are set. Tardy work is something I do not appreciate and frankly, one of my biggest peeves."

Okay, maybe that was a little harsh? Whatever it was, they most definitely seemed on edge and it made you feel a bit guilty.

"But other than that, I'm not too annoyed by other things. A few are exceptional, but except for them, you all are still young and mistakes are to be expected. Don't be afraid of confronting me if you have any sort of problem. I hope that I can become someone who can help guide you to the path that you wish to pursue, that is all."

That seemed to lessen the tension a bit. However, a few of them still seemed guarded but there wasn't much you could do for that. Instead, you focused your attention to the blackboard and spoke up, "Now! Let's talk about our syllabus and how I will be proceeding with it throughout the semester."

—————

The first class finally came to an end!

The entire time you were there, you were extra careful with your cursing habits and your body language. You made sure to show the class that while you weren't a very strict person, you were still an authoritative figure who they shouldn't take too lightly.

With that done, you were honestly still a bit surprised by how well it went. Hopefully, the rest of the semester will also go this well.

For now, you don't have anything to do. But after you begin your research and get more used to the college, you'll probably get busier. With this extra time, you decided to check in at the teacher's lounge to see what everyone else was doing.