6

Xeno was not having a very good day.

First of all, he was late for work. Then, his stupid coworker managed to somehow spill scalding hot coffee on his shirt, when he had a meeting in less than an hour.

The meeting itself was filled with nothing but agony. He had to put up with his stupid, imbecilic superiors and their dumb nagging, trying to act like they were better than him, even though they were aware that Xeno was definitely more experienced in terms of knowledge.

With that God awful meeting out of the way, the blonde dragged himself towards his office. Just the first few hours were enough to drain him of all his energy. Thankfully, the rest of the day, he had no interactions with any other human being, and could finally focus on his work in peace.

Taking a deep breath, he shifted his attention to the stack of papers resting on his usually clean desk. A sigh almost escaped his lips due to the sheer amount of all the paperwork he had to do.

This was tiring...

Although, after a big cup of coffee, he managed to get back his motivation and set to work. With a pen in one hand while the other one held onto his coffee, his fingers practically twirled in the air as he smoothly wrote a few pointers on the report.

"Dr. Xeno?" A feminine voice rang outside his door, making the said male hum to notify her, "Hmm?"

The lady popped her head in through the door, smiling anxiously upon seeing the man working away, "Um..."

He didn't look up, and kept his gaze fixed on the reports before him when he spoke up, "What is it?"

"Well, it's just that... The meeting for yesterday..." Xeno stopped writing for a moment, opting to look up once she mentioned the meeting.

"What about it?"

"-it's been moved up... It's today."

"What...?" It took him a moment to process what the woman had just said. But when he managed to do so, he immediately glared, which was enough to instill fear in the woman's heart, "I'm-I'm... so sorry, Doctor.... But the Head of the Executive Team is leaving for Germany tomorrow and the Team was insistent on moving up the meeting. The meeting starts at 4."

He could already feel the throbbing headache that was about to accompany him with that meeting filled with the most obnoxious people to walk this Earth.

Although, he did feel like telling the lady that he had no plans of meeting any of those stuck up pricks, he decided to heave a deep sigh and nod in understanding, "Alright, thank you for informing you."

She nodded frantically before scurrying out the door in hurry.

Xeno leaned back into his chair, with a soft sigh leaving his lips. This was the worst. He did not want to attend another meeting after he had just gotten back from one.

Why couldn't people just let him do his work in peace? Why did he have to interact with those lowly humans?

Ugh, he could feel his impending headache already...

With his social battery all drained, the blonde brought his arms up and folded them on his desk, letting his head rest upon them. He still had an hour or two until the meeting, so maybe he can get some shut-eye...

Xeno was aware that he probably would wake up himself, but didn't want to bother risking it, so he ended up putting an alarm in his phone, just in case.

With that, he finally decided to give in to his fatigue.

—————

In late October, it had gotten quite chilly.